How the Queen City is creating Virtual First workspaces that are fit for royalty
Charlotte is the third fastest growing city in the United States, and for good reason. It offers residents all of the amenities of a larger metropolitan city without the congested traffic or hefty price tag. Not to mention, Charlotte’s economy is booming! Much of the Queen City’s growth can be attributed to over 850 foreign companies and eight Fortune 500 corporate headquarters that all call Charlotte home.
Surrounded by scenic mountains, and plenty of hiking trails within arms reach, Charlotte is the ideal place for remote workers to prioritize their personal wellbeing without sacrificing their careers. By ditching lengthy commutes, awkward breakroom chats, and long lunch lines, working remotely from the Queen City means you’ll have the flexibility and autonomy to maximize your productivity while also nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
Let us show you around. Here’s a bit of the best that Charlotte has to offer.
Work friendly cafes: kick back, grab a coffee, connect to the free WiFi, and let’s get some work done.
- The Hobbyist is one of those places that has it all. Great coffee? Check. Delicious pastries and sandwiches? Check. A full bar offering local beers and exceptional wines? Check, check. Best of all, there’s no need to feel rushed here. The Hobbyist encourages WFH patrons by offering a welcoming atmosphere, free WiFi, and plenty of comfortable work spaces.
Not Just Coffee
- Why come to Not Just Coffee on Jay Street? One word: SPACE. So much space. Leave those noise canceling headphones at home, because Not Just Coffee’s space is huge, leaving you with plenty of room to work without having to fight for outlets or ask someone to pipe down.
Queen City Grounds
- Queen City Grounds takes the traditional coffeehouse to the next level by roasting their beans on site. They also offer a wide assortment of locally made pastries, as well as a vegan-friendly menu. It’s a feel good coffee spot to start your week off right.
It’s Happy Hour! Well, almost… great places to grab a drink after work.
Hattie’s Tap & Tavern
- Is there anything better than grabbing happy hour drinks and bites after a rewarding day of work? Of course there is: doing those things with your pup! Hattie’s Tap and Tavern is a dog-friendly bar with one of the best patios in Charlotte. Enjoy karaoke, live music, board games, and a great atmosphere after a long day at the (remote) office.
Dot Dot Dot
- Helmed by one of Charlotte’s best mixologists, Dot Dot Dot offers other worldly cocktails in a not-so-secret speakeasy setup. This members’ club also offers a wide selection of tasty bites, including some phenomenal charcuterie.
- Not sure what to order? Idlewild’s got you covered. With their “no set cocktail menu” concept, servers will ask you a set of questions and build your perfect cocktail based on your drink preferences. Just sit back and relax. You deserve to be pampered.
Charlotte: a city for thrill seekers
U.S. National Whitewater Center
- The U.S. National Whitewater Center is the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors while also having your heart beat out of your chest. This 1,300-acre complex has everything for thrill seekers: whitewater rafting, zip lining, rock climbing, and 30+ miles of mountain biking trails.
NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Race car enthusiasts, rev up your engines, and come visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Located here in Charlotte, the museum offers an interesting look at the history of the sport, along with NASCAR’s most memorable moments and famous drivers.
- A day at Carowinds is sure to get your adrenaline pumping. This amusement park has 60 world-class rides, the Carolinas’ best waterpark, live entertainment, and so much more. Plus, the kids are sure to love Camp Snoopy and the downhome Carolina cuisine.
Working remote at Dropbox
Our Virtual First policy is here to champion your successes, personally and professionally. And there’s no better place to succeed than in the Queen City. Check out all the jobs that are available to you in Charlotte, and join a fast growing workforce of career-minded individuals who also value work-life balance and a bit of adventure.