Did The Soviet Union Troops End The Second World War With the Defeat Of Germany and the Suicide of Hitler? Was Ukraine at That Time a Part Of Soviet Union?
How did the Second World War end?
- Berlin, April 1945 — A million Soviet soldiers advanced towards Germany. But some people were still hoping for a miracle to save the Germany.
- People hoped in vain that surely no one can conquer the huge city of Berlin. — Although they knew the Russians were at their door, people were still in denial mode, hoping for a miracle.
- April 21, 1945 — the battle for Berlin begins. — Soviet troops were on the outskirts of the city. — Ukrainian troops were part of Soviet Army at that time.
- Soviet Union soldiers were highly motivated and victory was close. — One could feel the suspense and awe in the air.
- The Red Army closed the circle around the city of Berlin. The deeper Soviet troops penetrated into the centre of the city, the fighting became more intense and bitter, with heart wrenching cries to stop the war.
- But, there was no stopping for the soviet troops. — Soviet troops advanced street by street, house by house.
- The losses were enormous — 80,000 dead on the Soviet side and, 106,000 dead on the German side. — On April 28, 1945 Soviet troops reached the banks of the River Spree.
- The Reichstag, once symbol of German democracy, was within the reach of Soviet army. — Stalin ordered the Red Flag to be raised.
- Shortly thereafter, the Red Army breaches the demolished Reich Chancellery where, only days before, Hitler had awarded medals to a few Hitler Youths for their war effort and bravery.
- While the senseless killing on the streets of Berlin continued, the Nazi dictator stages his downfall in the Bunker beneath the Reich Chancellery. —
- Hitler wanted to be sure that he does not fall into enemy hands, alive. — Hitler and his closest followers looked for an easy way out. Poison pills were handed out.
What were you supposed to do? Shoot yourself in the mouth? Put the gun to your head and pull the trigger or take the poison pill? The big wheel of fate took the turn.
- April 30, 1945 — Hitler took his own life, together with his long-time mistress Eva Braun, whom he had just married the day before. — Their corpses are burned. The propaganda lies.
- According to news from the Führer’s Headquarters, that afternoon in his command post in the Reich Chancellery, our Führer Adolf Hitler fell in action for Germany, fighting Bolshevism to the last.
- One week after Hitler’s death, the Second War was over. It was a time of unparalleled atrocities and immeasurable destruction.
The Second War which was bitterly fought by many countries resulted in massive destruction and utter misery for the world, to start a new World order once again.