Bells are ringing for Zola
Welcoming Comcast Ventures, NBCUniversal, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, and more to the Zola family with a $100 million Series D financing.
About a year and a half has passed since Lightspeed first invested Zola, the fastest growing company in wedding commerce. You can read my original post on our investment here:
Announcing our investment in Zola, the leading all-in-one wedding registry on the web.medium.com
Since then, Zola has grown its lead to become one the top wedding sites for millennial couples in the U.S. Today, it is announcing a $100 million growth round to accelerate its progress in dominating the $100 billion domestic wedding industry.
I wanted to take a moment and acknowledge all that CEO Shan-Lyn Ma and her team have accomplished over the last year or so. A few highlights:
- Couples have now added over $1 billion in gifts to their registries on Zola.
- Zola is now a top 5 wedding destination on the web, up from ~20 a year ago.
- Over 60,000 gifts from over 600 brands are available on Zola, with an assortment that ranges from Airbnb to Vitamix.
- Retailers like ABC Home and Backcountry are partnering with Zola to power their own registries.
- In April 2017, Zola launched Weddings, a suite of free tools to plan and execute your wedding. It is now one of the most popular products on Zola.
- The company added some phenomenal executives, including Mike Chi (Chief Marketing Officer) and Annette Fung (SVP Finance). Overall, the team has more than doubled in the last year. Zola is still hiring, by the way: https://www.zola.com/about/jobs
Lightspeed is proud to support the company in its Series D and welcomes Comcast Ventures, NBCUniversal, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Founders Circle, Balyasny, GingerBread Capital, and Yahoo founder Jerry Yang to the Zola family. Thanks all for saying “I do!”
Enjoyed this post? Consider giving it a clap or two so that others can find it!