Apache James joins Google Summer of Code 2018
Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development.
Students work with an open source organization on a 3 month programming project during their break from school.
We consider it is a dreamed occasion to discover the Apache James project, and get on board in this amazing project!
Linagora is willing to offer high quality mentoring on high added value, useful tasks. As a student:
- 🎓 You will discover how Open Source world works. You will exchange with our community.
— 🎓 You will be advised by experienced, long term committers.
— 🎓 You will build technical experience on a mail server.
— 🎓 And hopefully you will get some code contributions on an Apache project.
Here are some ideas of applications:
- ⚒ [JAMES-1931] We are in need of a WebAdmin User Interface to ease our beloved administrator API. You will need to build an administration website on top of the webAdmin REST API.
- ⚒ [JAMES-1932] James allow to fully customize mail processing. But we miss tools to ease edition and testing of the processing flow.
- ⚒ [JAMES-1933] Emails need to be secure. Many protocols like DKIM, SPF and DMARC allow to meet this purpose. However we need more documentation and a DMARC implementation.
- ⚒ [JAMES-2335] James should be a flexible server. We should be able to use custom configuration providers, not only XML files as off today. That is a move toward “clustering done the right way”.
Of course, we are very open if you want to propose other ideas to us! Come and discuss this on the James gitter channel or on the issues directly.