Liquity — Weekly Wrap Up #11
Element launching with crvLUSD support, LQTY/BNT pair whitelisted on Bancor, symbiotic Pickle Jar, and more.
Welcome to the Weekly Wrap Up, a weekly series where I go over all of the highlights in the Liquity ecosystem. This issue covers the week of 6/21–6/27.
What is Liquity? Liquity is a decentralized borrowing protocol that allows you to draw 0% interest loans against Ether used as collateral. Learn more.
- The ETH/USD price last week was quite stale, thus we had a relatively uneventful week in the world of leverage seeking on Liquity. That said, on most days more LUSD was minted than burned (June 22 being an outlier).
- However, despite the boring market week, DeFi Saver’s Maker to Liquity bridge has been put to use by helping migrate >2,700 ETH collateral to Liquity.
- Since LQTY’s Bancor whitelisting, the pool has started to grow in liquidity and volume — reaching just over $270k in liquidity at time of writing.
- Liquity has 991K ETH locked — $2.69B as of 6/28.
- Find more system stats here.
- Element Finance will be launching June 30 with initial support for crvLUSD. Element Finance is a decentralized protocol that allows users to earn fixed rate yield. Learn more here.
- Pickle Finance has launched their symbiotic LQTY Jar. The Jar stakes users’ LQTY and recycles the LUSD and ETH rewards in to more LQTY while adding PICKLE rewards on top. Learn more here.
- The LQTY/BNT pair is now whitelisted on Bancor. LPs of this pair are now eligible to receive Bancor’s impermanent loss protection. Add liquidity here.
- B.Protocol teased their upcoming Liquity integration. Essentially, it aims to sell users’ ETH gains in the Stability Pool at the best price possible. Example here.
- Liquity CEO and Founder, Robert Lauko, spoke on the Liquidity Wars: How to Enable Better Capital Efficiency for DeFi panel at the Global DeFi Summit. Watch the recording here.
- How Liquity creates decentralization by breaking its product in to layers.