Lithium Finance: 2021 Year in Review
As the New Year fast approaches, we would like to thank the community for all the support and feedback we have received over the past few months. Building a 1st party data oracle that utilizes crowd wisdom and proprietary technology to source ground truths has been challenging and rewarding. We can’t wait to shed more light on our product with our loyal community members in the coming weeks.
From raising $7.6M from a high-profile investor list that includes Pantera and Hashed — to building long-term, high-value partnerships with some of the leading protocols in the crypto and NFT space, the momentum for 2021 was fast, and we expect this pace to increase going into 2022.
A few of our partnership highlights for the 2021 year include:
- Collaborating with Injective Protocol, a layer-2 DEX for decentralized derivatives to provide pricing information on pre-IPO stock derivatives; thereby improving the price discovery process for all private assets on the Injective protocol.
- Onboarding Pantera, Hashed & OKEx to the Wisdom Node ecosystem, where they will provide pricing information on crypto projects. Given their decades of investment and financing experience, having high-profile institutions like these in our ecosystem is one of many validations that we are building the right product.
- Assisting Palm NFT Studio by pricing some of its high value and rare NFT’s. Given the considerable growth of NFT’s in 2021, we were pleased to partner with one of the leading NFT Studio’s working at the intersection of technology and entertainment. This partnership will be one of many for Lithium Finance across the NFT space and highlights the importance and need for illiquid asset pricing.
- Partnering with Alameda Research, a leading quantitative trading firm operating in the crypto space to provide pricing information on private equity secondaries.
- Collaborating with CredFi, a protocol that connects crypto lenders with SME borrowers from the fiat economy. By joining the Lithium ecosystem as a Wisdom Seeker, CredFi will receive access to pricing information on the collateral used on their platform, ensuring an accurate assessment of loans and efficient risk profile management.
Moving forward into the New Year
We achieved a lot of the milestones and goals we set for the 2021 year. Looking ahead into 2022, we are working hard to continue this momentum and build more partnerships with the leading protocols in the crypto and NFT space while ensuring we expand our Wisdom Node community.
David Lighton, Co-founder of Lithium Finance said:
2021 has proven to be a year of tremendous growth and possibilities for the Lithium Finance team. We started the year with the idea that the real world and on-chain protocols can be effectively bridged by creating accurate and timely pricing for illiquid assets. Our theory has proven correct given the huge support we have received from our investors — we look forward to taking another giant leap and sprinting into 2022. Expect more announcements from us very soon.
About Lithium Finance
Lithium Finance is the first collective-intelligence pricing oracle that provides precise and timely pricing information on private and illiquid assets. Our protocol leverages crowd wisdom and the DMI-mechanism to provide pricing on hard-to-value assets such as pre-IPO stocks, private equity, and other illiquid assets.