day 4

Connecting to Spotify

Ryan Strickler
Jan 25, 2017 · 1 min read

I finished adding some basic content to the home page today. The first bits look like this:

Image for post
Image for post

Trying to keep things simple and resist the urge to mess with styles.

After that, I started digging into the Spotify API. Seems pretty nice. I looked at a couple of Ruby libraries and decided to try the rspotify gem. It handles Oauth and provides a nice way to interact with Spotify. Hoping that it will get me enough functionality that I don’t have to roll my own connection at first.

I deployed to Heroku to test it out and I’m having a little trouble getting the callback to work. I’ll investigate more tomorrow and hopefully have a user record to start working with.

Little King: Daily Log

Building something every day.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch
Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore
Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store