Life Lessons from Iyanla Vanzant
Watch out, some of these may hit home for you.
I love to attend live speaking events, the wisdom that others have amazes me. I guess that is why I am a writer on Medium and a blogger. I love to gain wisdom and share it, in hopes it will help someone else.
I recently attended a live event to hear Iyanla Vanzant speak, and she did not upset. Here are some of her takeaways I captured.
- A swamp has no outlet. It sits and collects.
2. Don’t be a spiritual punk. Don’t let everyone or everything hurt your feelings.
3. We want what we want and we want it now with no compassion. We are spiritually constipated.
4. Faith is an inner knowing that dares your soul to go beyond what your eyes can see.
5. We are addicted to validation.
6. Do you know what you have brought you through?
7. Faith must be in you in order for it to manifest out!
8. Trust the process.
9. You have to be willing to eat shit and hang on the edge.
10. Look at your own stuff and not what others have.
11. A control freak is a person with a sophisticated vocabulary.
12. Speak the truth about where you are in life.
13. Ask for what you want.
14. Tell the truth about what you want. Even it is to yourself!
15. Do you need adult supervision over your mind?
16. Comparison and competition are faith killers.
17. You are worth your own time, energy, and attention.
18. People will clean their car and house but won’t clean their energy.
19. Scent is not recognized by the brain it goes straight to the central nervous system.
20. You will never find a good man with your eyes. You will draw in more of what you are.
21. Clean up your emotional baggage.
22. You are your first love.
Which one is your favorite? Did any of these hit you in the gut?
Marla J. Albertie, is a Certified Life and Career Coach, Author, and Blogger at www.theworkingwoman.co and owner of the Truth Speaks Group, LLC,a multi-media company dedicated to helping the working woman discover work-life harmony and not work-life balance. Marla loves to read, is a concert and comedy show junkie, and a cruiser for life. Follow Marla on Twitter @tspeakscoaching and IG @Tspeaksgroup
Your Life-Harmonizing Strategist
Grab your free Work-Life Harmony workbook and join my email list here!