It’s not too late to complete your basic planning for this year.
Planning Your First Quarter
To reach your 2018 Goal, what do you need to complete this first quarter?
- Write SMART goals for this quarter.
- I recommend no more than three goals per quarter.
- Break your 1st Quarter Goals into monthly steps and tasks. This is an evolving document as you will need to add to it as you discover steps you need to take that you had not thought of before.
I use a spreadsheet to chart all of this out. Some people use a task app, some a calendar and some of my clients use Kanban. Whatever works for you. If you want a simple spreadsheet, contact me and I will share a Google doc with you.
What? We aren’t going to plan the rest of our year?
Nope! I guarantee you if you plan the entire year, it will change. You have your vision. More importantly you have your Why. Your Guiding Light. I rather you get to the meat of this quarter and do the work.
- Do something every day towards your RBG (Really Big Goal)
- Ask someone to hold you accountable
- Keep an idea file for things you know you will need to do next quarter
- Put a reminder on your calendar March 15 to plan Quarter 2. Before you celebrate St Patrick’s Day.
Want a little help in figuring any of this out? I offer a free, no sales, Give Me a Break session where we can sort some of this out.
Schedule one today and I promise you will leave with a clear head and a firm grip on your next step.