Lockstep API release notes for March 2022
Lockstep Platform API changes for releases 2022.8 through 2022.12
Features and changes included in the Lockstep Platform API:
- New Financial Account APIs for tracking ledger accounts
- New Balance History APIs for tracking balances in ledger accounts
- New Trial Balance Report API and Income Statement Reports API to provide visibility into overall accounting status and financial health
- Improvements for Attachments include an attachmentType field and better field level documentation
- Added new APIs for retrieval of PDF documents from accounting systems: Retrieve Invoice PDF API and Retrieve Payment PDF API
- Deprecated the older Download Attachment API which only retrieved a URL, and split it into two APIs, Download URL and Download File
- Improvements to the ConnectorInfoModel to support new open source connectors
Other improvements include corrections for URLs in older documentation for currency conversion logic and rewrites for some documentation for more concise names and text.
Some fields that had been deprecated for more than six months were removed.
Lockstep SDK updates
- Many SDK improvements due to automated lint rules on each repository.
- Fixes to SDKs to handle “date-only” fields as strings. This prevents them from being accidentally adjusted to a different day by time zone handling logic. Added comments to the fields for clarity.
- Ability to download files in blob mode using the new direct download APIs for invoices and payments.
- The Lockstep C# SDK is now published in Dot Net Standard 2.0 format, which provides compatibility with Dot Net Framework back to 4.61. For a full list of compatible DotNet frameworks, see LockstepSdk on NuGet.
- Added nullability annotations to the Lockstep Java SDK for support for Kotlin language developers.
- Major changes to the Python SDK to deserialize objects into Lockstep classes. Used Pyre to identify code styling issues.
Documentations and example code
- You can now watch a demonstration of the Lockstep API on YouTube
- Many improvements to example code, including C# examples and Python examples
For a complete API specification, please see the Lockstep Platform API Swagger/OpenAPI specification.