Santa brought the Staking Calculator!
To all the LOC holders and staking fans: You can now calculate your staking rewards according to your own expectations!
We know that many of you have anticipated this tool for some time now and had it on the wish-list for Santa Claus. Seems like he heard you!
Here is how it works
First, you need to open the staking calculator.
You can now fill in the calculator with all of the variables according to your own expectations. It will be simulating different scenarios depending on your input data and provide you with an accurate understanding.
Let’s begin. Below are the different variables explained.
- Amount of LOC you want to stake → How much LOC are you planning to stake? It does not matter whether you stake all in one wallet or spread them across multiple ones. Please input the total amount.
- Amount of LOC staked across the network → This is the total amount of LOC staked by all stakers combined (including yourself).
- Number of hotel & homes bookings per day → This number represents the booking number itself and not night-bookings. When someone books 3 nights at a hotel with one payment, this will be counted as one booking. Please do not include flight bookings (the calculator will be expanded for flights at a later stage)!
- Transaction count per day (excluding bookings) → This number represents the total number of non-booking transactions. It includes LRC token transactions from projects using our blockchain. Examples: DEX trades, simple transactions between 2 people, token distribution transactions, ICO transactions, transactions related to the products of the projects building on our blockchain, …
- Share of transactions coming from LRC tokens → How many of the transactions you stated in point 4 were coming from LRC tokens? Example: You stated 100 transactions per day (in point 4) consisting of 70 LOC and 30 LRC transactions. Then you need to choose 30%.
- Average fee for LOC transactions (excluding bookings) → This is an average for all LOC transactions on the blockchain (excluding bookings). Keep in mind that this fee/byte ratio will be voted on by stakers periodically. For more info, please see section 2 (page 5) in the Blockchain Manifest. The default is given as $0.1 but can be changed according to your own expectations.
- Average fee for LRC token transactions → Similar to point 6, you need to give an estimate for the average LRC token transaction fee. It is important to note that token transactions are generally more data intensive than coin transactions, as they are always going through an additional smart contract (the token smart contract). Due to them being bound to the same fee/byte ratio voted on, a more data heavy transaction will always cost more. So make sure that you choose a higher number than on point 6. The default is given as $0.15 but can changed according to your own expectations.
- LOC price → Please provide your expectation for the LOC price during the period you are simulating for.
- Burning rate at protocol level → This rate defines what % of the staking rewards are burnt at protocol level. The same rate applies to every staker across the network and will be voted on periodically. For more info, please read here.
- Reimbursement rate for LRC tokens → This rate is also one that will be voted on periodically. It defines the share projects will receive from the transactional economy they create. Example: Project A has a token A and project B has a token B. On average, there are 1,000 transactions for token A and 500 for token B per day. At $0.15 fee per transaction, project A creates a transactional economy of 1,000 x 0.15 = $150 and project B creates 500 x $0.15 = $75. If the reimbursement rate is set at 50%, project A will receive $150 x 0.5 = $75 and project B receives $75 x 0.5 = $37.5 per day. The remaining rewards go to the stakers. For LOC transactions, there is no reimbursement and stakers receive 100% of the fee. For more info, please see section 5 (page 9) in the Blockchain Manifest.
- Choose the year of operation for the blockchain → The year of operation defines the block rewards you will get. Those are fixed per block and get reduced every year until they phase out after the fifth year of operation. Please make sure to not check more than 1 box at once. For more info, please see page 26 in the Blockchain Manifest.
- Your internet connectivity → This parameter describes the quality of your internet. The LockTrip blockchain is designed to make one in 16 blocks an orphan block. In such a case 2 stakers are validating the same block simultaneously. Whoever has the quicker connection wins the block, as it can submit the result more quickly. This situation is modeled by a slider. The default is set at 0, which represents you having average connectivity and thus receiving the same income as without the connectivity effect. -1 describes a very bad connectivity, which will result in losing 1 in 16 blocks. 1 describes a very good connectivity, which will result in winning all 16 blocks and thus make you perform above average.
You are now done! By scrolling down, you will see an extensive report of your simulation.
If you like, you can also request a summary to your Email address. Once the staking starts, you can then compare your real results with the simulations you conducted.
Requesting an Email will send LockTrip a copy of your simulation and thus help us understand the expectations of our community. This copy will not include your Email address! You always remain anonym.
We hope you like the calculator and we are eagerly awaiting your first results! Please share them with the community!
LockTrip is the first marketplace with 0% commission where you can save on average 20% on your hotel and rental bookings compared to anywhere else. Read how to buy LOC tokens here!