London Brief #25: Pitch for £500,000 from Fuel.Ventures
Get into Startupbootcamp IoT, listen about UX at Cocoon Networks, and… Read more in this issue.
In the news
AXA PPP Health Tech & You Awards 2017 winners are as follows:
- Trending Award: MyAsthma
- The Future Award Winner: sensewear
- AXA PPP Health Tech & You Challenge: Affinity
- The Health & Care Professional’s Choice: uMotif
- The Health Tech & Age Award: MIRA Rehab
- The Wow! Award: HealthUnlocked
Startupbootcamp IoT London is now open for applications. Ten startups can get into a 3-month accelerator programme and receive network support, co-working space, and £15,000 for expenses.
This whirring gadget you can see everywhere now is a fidget spinner. It seems to be very popular now, but it is an old invention, patented in 1997 according to Wikipedia. Now, as the patent has expired, you can spin it all day.
Business as usual
- LoveCrafts, a community for makers, has raised £26m in a funding round led by Scottish Equity Partners
- Hibob, an HR make-it-all platform, has closed a $17.5m Series A led by Battery Ventures
- Farmdrop, an online grocery platform, has secured £7m in a Series A round led Atomico
- Exonar, a data-science company, has raised £1.25m from investors including Winton Group and Amadeus Capital
- No Agent, a property management platform, has raised £584,162 in a crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs
Number of the day
£500,000: The amount Mark Person wants to invest in your startup.
London Brief is a weekly selection of essential information about startups, technology and the business scene in London. Got news? Give us a shout at email@example.com.
On behalf of the London Brief Team