Royal Aquarium, c1880

Royal Aquarium, c1880

Opened in 1876 as a place of general amusement. In spite of its many attractions (which did not include fish) it was popular only for a short time and was demolished in 1902. Central Hall was built on the same site.

From The Face of London by Howard Clunn


Originally published at London Past