Loopring Bi-Weekly Update — 03/30/2018
We have deployed Loopring protocol v1.3 with all functionalities implemented. Our web-wallet is fully functional.
On Ethereum: We have deployed protocol v1.3 on top of Ethereum mainnet. Here are the addresses:
This is a feature complete release. 20% of miner’s income are paid to wallets. Over the coming months, we’ll focus on optimization for gas reduction, an may deploy several minor releases.
On Qtum: We have also deployed v1.3 on Qtum mainnet:
On NEO: We are working with NEL (NewEconoLab) on LRN related smart contracts. Thanks to a NEO upgrade released on 03/27/2018, we can finally use one of their new features required for our LRN airdrop smart contract to function.
Based on our current experience, invoking NEO smart contracts to claim airdropped LRN will more complicated than using Ethereum smart contracts. We’ll try to find a way to make it easier for most people.
Multiple relay design optimizations have been planned, which covers load balance, backend replication, new event queue, in-memory database, and a per-order POW mechanism to prevent order-spamming. These optimizations will be applied over the coming months to enhance relay reliability and performance. Our backend architect Weichao Li has been leading this effort.
Xiaolu Wu and Kun Fu has been focusing on testing and benchmarking the relay software. The results are being analyzed. Xiaolu and Weichao will collaborate on relay performance improvement.
All relay APIs, except those for 1) QRCode-based trading and 2) per-order POW, have been implemented and integrated with our wallets (web and iOS). The relay is now fully functional with protocol v1.3.
Web-based Wallet (loopr): Loopr wallet is also fully functional. During the last two weeks, we have been focused on polishing Looper’s UI and improving the overall user experience which remains to be a big challenge. Localization is mostly done for English and Mandarin. With over 400 commits, the team is striving to deliver the best wallet to the community ASAP.
iOS Wallet App (loopr-ios): We made pretty good progress on loopr-ios as well. The app can now send and receive ERC20 tokens, and has a working market page. We have also tested several fonts to improve the UI. The current plan is to start testing the app in May.
Operation and Marketing
- 03/19/2018: We published a new Loopring introduction video.
- 03/23/2018: We announced our second China City Tour plan which covers more than 20 second-tier cities. If you are in China, please vote for your city to host one of our meetups on WeChat. We also call for partners to co-host some of these events.
- 03/24/2018: Daniel was interviewed by China Central Television (CCTV), the predominant state television broadcaster in China. The show will be broadcasted on CCTV-2 (“Economy”) channel.
- 03/26/2018: Daniel gave a tech talk on Loopring in Alibaba headquarter. The tech-talk was live streamed to all Alibaba full-time employees.
- 03/28–30/2018: We had our 2nd offsite in Chun’an, China. The team did a retrospective and held a peer review session for each developer. We have also decided to adopt OKR to measure performance starting from Q2.