Loopring Bi-Weekly Update — 05/27/2018
We have made excellent progress in our distributed version of the relayer backend system and the Circulr wallet.
On Ethereum: We have completed refactoring all the protocol tests. Now they are either configured with structured order data or with raw transaction/ring data. The latter also a much easier way to figure out why some ring transitions failed in production. We have also improved test coverage with more tests.
On NEO: We followed up on the Storage Injection bug on NEO smart contracts, and have verified that LRN token’s smart contract has not been affected and is secure.
We have completed the coding of the distributed version of our relay system. This distributed version, referred to as the Relay Cluster, is an excellent optimization in system architecture with faster socket data streaming, better responsiveness, and no single point of failure. During the next couple of weeks, we will focus on testing the various components of the Relay Cluster.
The Relay Cluster has many RPC services, and some of these RPC services have become standalone git repositories such as miner, extractor, etc. A robust, high-performance and production-ready Relay Cluster will take even more development, testing, and documentation.
Loopring.js: recently we have accomplished the following:
- Provided a new way to perform ABI encoding and support of decoding of transaction inputs and outputs.
- Added support to MetaMask, TREZOR, and Ledger.
- Added support to WebSocket;
- Added very basic documentation.
Web-based Wallet (Loopr & Circulr): We have also made significant progress on both wallets. We’ll skip the details here and let our community know once we launched new versions.
iOS Wallet App: We have made more progress in iOS app, including the following features/functionalities:
- Submitting and canceling orders;
- Optimizing the gas price when sending tokens;
- Using GethBigInt to handle integer overflow;
- Supporting the zoom mode, which requires a lot of UI layout updates;
- Order book in the market detail view;
- Updating many UI components, such as circle chart, numeric keyboard, text field validation and so on.
We have also decided to focus on app development starting from Q3 and put web-wallets as the secondary priorities.
We’ve also launched a new website, and the developer portal is under construction and will be available soon.
Operation and Marketing
- 05/16/2018: Bithumb and Bithumbpro listed LRC-KRW trading pair.
- 05/17/2018: Loopring CEO Daniel Wang attended the 2018 Consensus in New York.
- 05/18/2018: Loopring CEO Daniel Wang delivered a keynote at Fordham University in NYC.
- 05/19/2018: Messari Research, an open-source library features blockchain project has added Loopring Protocol into their profiles.
- 05/20/2018: Loopring COO Johnston Chen and our marketing team organized two meetups along with ARP and Vite team in Hangzhou and Shanghai.
- 05/21/2018: Loopring team visited South Korea and CMO Jay Zhou delivered a Blockchain and DEX workshop at Yonsei University in Seoul.
- 05/22/2018: Loopring formed a partnership with Trueblocks to bring exceptional blockchain and DEX technology to Korea community.
- 05/24/2018: Loopring Protocol first Seoul meetup at Gangnam, Seoul.
- 05/26/2018: Loopring CMO Jay Zhou presented Loopring Protocol at Yunqi2050 conference in Hangzhou to deliver Loopring missions to youths from over 100 countries.
- 05/27/2018: COO Johnston Chen visited two more cities Zhengzhou and Jinan in China, and shared Loopring current status of the development in protocol, wallets, and relay with local communities.
- 05/27/2018: Loopring team attended a blockchain seminar regarding regulation and policy.