It’s like starring at a clock, constantly ticking...tik tok…it shows you the time you’re wasting...tik tok…and makes it pass by even slower than it seems — check out Stop Using Loading Spinner, There’s Something Better by Suleiman to find out why this may be the case!
Have you ever noticed that when you are deliberately starring at the clock or thinking about the seconds, time slows down? Or how quickly it flies by when you’re having fun? This exact same thing happens when you look at a loading spinner on your screen. The loading spinner is the only thing standing in between the user and where they want to go, and so they notice every turn of every millisecond stretched across infinity. It’s one of the surest and fastest ways of losing some of your best users.
But if you need to use an animation to buffer the time your users actually spend waiting — here are some alternatives we think can help your users notice time slip by a little less.
All of these animations are made with Lottie, so they’re sure to run smoothly on Web, Android, iOS and more.
Customise the colours to fit your theme
- If you use the Lottie editor to make any of the animations fit your product’s colour and theme. Just pick, edit and download — it’s as simple as that!
How to use these animations on your projects.
- For web:
- Follow the implementation guide: http://airbnb.io/lottie/web/web.html
- If you want an easy way out, just use the embed code on Lottiefiles.
- For Mobile
- iOS: http://airbnb.io/lottie/ios.html#getting-started-on-ios-or-macos
- Android: http://airbnb.io/lottie/android/android.html#getting-started
- React Native: http://airbnb.io/lottie/react-native/react-native.html
- For Prototyping:
- FramerX: https://store.framer.com/package/airbnb/lottie
For tonnes of Free Animations and to test and privately share your animations with your colleagues, check out https://www.lottiefiles.com