OPI Innovator Among 10 Award Recipients Honored at Ceremony in Pittsburgh on November 16th
Blayney Among 10 Award Recipients Honored at Ceremony in Pittsburgh on November 16th
Washington, D.C. (November 17, 2016) — Route Fifty, the digital and events brand serving U.S. state and local governments as part of Atlantic Media’s Government Executive Media Group, last night honored ten winners of the the inaugural Route Fifty Navigator Awards, recognized for their leadership and success as innovators and policy trailblazers in state and local government. Louisville Innovation Project Manager Ed Blayney was among those who received the award.
In selecting the Navigator Awards honorees, Route Fifty evaluated more than 100 nominees and profiled 50 finalists, from which the 10 winners were selected last night. The honorees represented five distinct categories, two from each: State and Local Executive Leadership, Agency and Department Leadership, The Next Generation, IT and Data Innovators, and Government Allies and Cross-Sector Partners.
Since its launch just over a year and a half ago, Route Fifty has established itself as a digital media hub for connecting the people and ideas that are advancing state and local government across America.
“Through the Navigator Awards program we are fulfilling our core editorial mission, which is to share best practices and innovative ideas across the nation,” said Hilery Sirpis, Publisher of Route Fifty. “We are proud to spotlight leaders and teams in state and local government who have demonstrated the ability to implement a great idea that improves public sector services and the communities they serve.”
The 10 Route Fifty Navigator Awards Winners are listed below:
State and Local Executive Leadership
· Harry Black and Team, City Manager, Cincinnati, Ohio
· Governor Mark Drayton and Lt Governor Tina Smith, State of Minnesota
Agency and Department Leadership
· Brian Ness, Director, Idaho Transportation Department
· Jean Ann Lawson, Chief Performance Officer, Kansas City, Missouri
The Next Generation
· Nathan Rix, Project Portfolio Director and Senior Policy Analyst, State of Oregon: Recreational Marijuana Program
· Ed Blayney, Innovation Project Manager, Louisville Metro Government
IT and Data Innovators
· Diane Pappas, CEO, Strategic Planning and Digital Innovations, Los Angeles Unified School District
· Tyler Kleykamp, Chief Data Officer, State of Connecticut
Government Allies and Cross Sector Partners
· Derek Eder and Christopher Whitaker — Chicago Hack Night
· Timothy Elliott, Richard Paris, Joseph Finn and Russell Osgood — Firefighter Cancer Support Network’s Boston Cancer Prevention Pilot Program