Aptos — How to Stake $APT Tokens with Luganodes
Aptos is a layer 1 blockchain built with the Move programming language. It promises users increased scalability, reliability, security, and usability, with low transaction costs.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to delegate your $APT tokens with Luganodes and start earning rewards in a few simple steps.
Validator Name: Luganodes
Validator Address: 0xff3e9c10dd3781a1e0750a75ae9e5b04133cd7e8ca18b9936ffcf3b2a2538a49
Blockchain Explorer Link for the Validator: https://explorer.aptoslabs.com/validator/0xff3e9c10dd3781a1e0750a75ae9e5b04133cd7e8ca18b9936ffcf3b2a2538a49?network=mainnet
- Unbonding period is a timeframe in which the funds are locked when you unstake
- The validator unlock period is 30 days, but the timing follows from when the delegation pool is initiated.
- Depending on when in the cycle you choose to unstake your APT, it could be as little as a few hours, or up to 30 days
Step-by-Step Staking Guide:
Step 1 — Set up your Aptos Wallet
- You can use either of the APTOS compatible wallet, but for this guide we’ll be using one of the most popular wallet, Petra Aptos Wallet.
- Head over to this link to install the chrome extension
- After adding the extension, creat a new wallet or import the existing one and make sure it has at least 11.1 $APT in it (11 $APT is the minimum delegation amount required, plus about 0.1 to compensate for transaction fees)
Step 2— Connect your wallet to Aptos Explorer
- Head over to the Aptos Mainnet Explorer and connect to your Petra wallet
Step 2 — Stake with Luganodes
- Under the Validators section, head over to Delegation Nodes and choose the operator with name Luganodes or operator address 0xb2f23993fc7b32567cb614c7d31907242a63d5a82aea5c0f22ff4aaed0a557c3
- Select stake
- Enter the amount of $APT you want to stake (Should be more than 11) and confirm the delegation
- Approve the transaction
To check your staked amount, select account under the wallet on the top right corner
Step-by-Step Unstaking Guide:
Step 1 — Head over to Aptos Explorer and log in with the same wallet and credentials you used in the staking process above
- Under the validator section, in the Delegation Nodes you will be able to see “My Deposit” besides your validator, select the validator
Step 2 — Initiate Unstaking process
- Under My deposits, you can check your deposit/ staking status and choose to unstake your assets
- Now select the amount of $APT you want to unstake and click on Unstake
- Confirm the transaction
Step 3 — Withdraw after the unbonding period
- Head back to the validator you staked your $APT with after the unbonding period is over to withdraw your stakes
- Validators>Delegation Nodes>Luganodes>My Deposits