Join the Luge Capital team! We’re hiring an Investment Analyst in Toronto
INVESTMENT ANALYST @ Luge Capital, Toronto | www.luge.vc
Come help us build the leading fintech fund in the world! Invest in passionate entrepreneurs, become an active member of the start-up community, thrive as a thought leader and lead your own initiatives.
Luge is a $75M early-stage venture capital fund with a focus on fintech and AI solutions applied to financial services. We’re a small team with huge ambitions to help shape the way the world interacts with money and data. We invest in exceptional teams that improve financial services that affect real people, businesses and financial institutions. Luge specializes in seed and series A financing, with initial investments between $150,000 and $2 million.
Here’s what you would do (everyday is different):
- Listen to and evaluate company pitches and early-stage founders to uncover potential new investments
- Conduct research to develop new investment themes and writing investment memos
- Assess the attractiveness of investment opportunities based on qualitative and quantitative metrics and conduct due diligence on new investments (including: researching competitive landscapes, building financial models, and running diligence calls)
- Represent us at industry events, conferences and networking activities;
- Prepare presentations and analysis to lead internal or ad-hoc projects with portfolio companies alongside a lead partner
- Experiment with ways to add insight, efficiency, and scale to internal processes of the firm
- Create and execute on your own projects that will have a long-lasting impact on the team, and our community of founders and investors
- Build lasting relationships with financial institutions
The right candidate will be relentlessly curious, inherently resourceful and a strong relationship-builder.
Here are some of the other qualities we look for:
- Has spent time in Toronto and ideally graduated with a technical degree (CS, Engineering, Science, Math, or Economics)
- Understands how to read financial statements and to build models, but also how to extrapolate narratives from large sets of incomplete qualitative and quantitative data. Investment banking experience is an asset
- Enjoys living in Toronto and enjoys participating in the local tech startup ecosystem
- Is able to run and deliver a project with minimal supervision
- Has worked at a startup (bonus points!) or dreams of doing so in the future
- Loves to do a full market assessment before buying any product — has a perspective on what makes a product, a company or an industry great;
- Has fintech experience
- Peut-être tu parles français (it’s ok if you don’t)
- Someone who is not a “Know-it-All”, but rather a “Learn-it-All”
Email us at email@example.com. Send us a link to your LinkedIn profile, attach your resume and include a brief cover letter on why you think you’d be a good fit.
Luge is an equal opportunity employer that offers full medical benefits and a competitive compensation package.