[52 Week Cosmos] Week 17, 2019
A Weekly Cosmos Ecosystem Update (Apr 18 — Apr 24)
- Cosmos-SDK v0.34.1 released
- Cosmos Hub phase II has been initiated: Atom transfers enabled via governance. Next up, IBC!
- ‘The discovery that led Jae Kwon to build the Cosmos blockchain’ by Decrypt
- ‘The Truth About Staking Yields’: A deep dive into the next generation mining and staking. In-depth research into PoS network security and delegator rewards
- Cosmosation mobile wallet for iOS has launched!
- [April 24th — 25th, Toronto] Blockchain Revolution Global (with Ethan Buchman, Co-founder of Cosmos)
- [April 28th, Berkeley] She256 (with Chjango Unchained, Director of Community)
- IBC architecture documentation is nearing completion and ready-for-review. Track discussions here.
- Many discussions around IBC are moving from the ‘strawman phase’ to the ‘concrete phase’
‘Proposal #5: Expedited Cosmos Upgrade Proposal’
- Proposal #5 Final count:
Abstain0.44% / 83.12% of bonded Atoms took part in voting
- Validators and delegators came together to pass the expedited proposal to enable Atom transfers on the Cosmos Hub
- Some concerns were raised regarding time-period of the software upgrade (The Easter holiday and about 3 hours from stopping Cosmoshub-1 to starting Cosmoshub-2), but software upgrade process went smoothly
‘Proposal #4: Issuance of fungible tokens on the Cosmos Hub’
- FYI: Proposal #4 is a signaling vote, without specifics on implementation
- AiB will likely not lead the module implementation.
- “Will the ability to issue tokens on the Cosmos Hub diminish its value as a connecting blockchain?”
- Some concerns:
1. Cosmos Hub statemachine should be kept simple
2. Liability of permissioned token issuance
3. Lack of ‘multiple choice’ proposal types for issuance governance vote
- P2P Validator showcases a new user-dashboard to track rewards, income across various assets, and staking balance
- Binance Chain token swap from ERC-20 to Binance Chain tokens has begun. More details here
- Binance Chain monthly update: WalletConnect support, Coding competition, feature addition, and libraries.
- Various ERC-20 tokens have begun migration to the Binance Chain
- Some tips on issuing tokens on Binance Chain
- IRISnet & Cosmos AMA with Chinese crypto media PANews. Discussions about the impact of interchain technology in the blockchain industry
- MathWallet adds IRISnet token support
Terra (Mainnet has launched!)
- Terra mainnet (Columbus 1.0) has launched. [Explorer]
- A brief intro on the Terra network and the Terra-Luna currency dynamics (featuring Terra co-founder Do Kwon and Cosmos co-founder Jae Kwon)
- Sentinel Relay Net sneak peek
- Total bandwidth consumption on the Sentinel network has exceeded 50TB
- The Sentinel Lite Android application has been updated to v0.2.2. New updates feature node filters, privacy enhancements, and language addition
- A sneak peak into Ockam DIDs: Two Raspberry Pis authenticating each other using Ockam via bluetooth
- Mrinal Wadhwa, CTO of Ockam, on DIDs and Verifiable Credentials for IoT systems
Did we miss anything? If you’re building on Cosmos/Tendermint/Cosmos-sdk, we’d love to feature your projects’ updates in the next 52 Week Cosmos. Feel free to reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tweet us.