[52 Week Cosmos] Week 20, 2019
A Weekly Cosmos Ecosystem Update (May 2 — May 14)
First off, sorry for the delay in rolling out 52 Week Cosmos. Our team has had an extremely hectic yet exciting week launching our first ecosystem tool: Lunagram.
Lunagram is a Cosmos wallet integrated into the Telegram messenger, and you can read all about it right here 👇
Introducing Lunagram — a Cosmos Wallet inside Telegram messenger
Wallets, and blockchain in large, have a chicken and egg problem. You don’t use crypto because others don’t, others…
Since its launch last week, we’ve received countless feedback from the community, and can’t wait to implement some of those ideas. You can download the application for Android right here.
Now, back to business ✌️
- Cosmos-SDK v0.34.4 released
- Cosmos staking is coming to Poloniex
- CodeChain team working on Schnorr signatures on Tendermint
- Interchain Foundation, THORChain, and Swish Labs partnering for cross-chain bridge tools
- Polychain Labs opensources TenderSeed, a lightweight seed service for Tendermint network.
- Cosmostation validator releases Cosmos web wallet. Check it out here: wallet.cosmostation.io
- Trust wallet announces support for Atoms
- Building a Tendermint & Cosmos SDK App (Part 1): Intro to Blockchain & Tendermint
- Figment Networks staking rewards report available for delegators
‘Proposal #6: Don’t Burn Deposits for Rejected Governance Proposals Unless Vetoes’ — [PASSED]
With 82.30% of staked Atoms participating in goveranance:
- Most Cosmos Hub proposals are simply ‘signaling votes’ to measure the token holder’s/validator’s sentiment on a given topic. To incentivize active proposal creations (even contentious ones) yet prevent proposal spam, proposal #6 asks that deposits are only burnt on 33%+
Implementation: Discussion in progress
‘Proposal #7: Activate the Community Pool’ — [VOTING PERIOD]
- A Cosmos Hub receives 2% of the inflation to be spent for public goods development. Proposal #7 suggests a new proposal type to be used for community pool spending decisions.
- Tenderming & Irisnet announces partnership for blockchain development acceleration
- IRISnet April update summary: Software updates, wallet support, and media appearances
- IRIS listing on Bithumb Global
- Sentinel Network crosses 55TB of bandwidth consumed
Did we miss anything? If you’re building on Cosmos/Tendermint/Cosmos-sdk, we’d love to feature your projects’ updates in the next 52 Week Cosmos. Feel free to reach out to us via email (email@example.com) or tweet us.