Introducing The New Lunie
Simple staking, for everyone
We’ve spent the last few months working to establish ourselves as one of the top staking wallets in the industry. There is so much being built, so much innovation, and an incredible energy abound. Throughout all this, we’ve also been working on who we are and what we want to be.
Though we feel like we’ve been working on Lunie for a very long time — we’re still just getting started. The staking revolution has begun — and we’re excited to be a part of it!
How we got here
Fabo and I worked at Tendermint before leaving to start Lunie. We were a part of the team that worked on a product called Voyager. It was the first feature-complete Cosmos wallet and we wouldn’t be where we are today without the folks who helped make Voyager happen.
Our team included some incredible people:
- Peng Zhong — Chief of Design at Tendermint, operator of the Nylira validator.
- Matt Bell — Early IPFS contributor, co-founder of Nomic and the Bitcoin+Cosmos Zone.
- Judd Keppel — Creator of Lotion, co-founder of Nomic and the Bitcoin+Cosmos Zone.
- David Braun — OG Node guru, now at Blockchain.com
- billy rennekamp — Prolific hackathon-er, Gardener at Clovers.network
- Federico Kunze — Outstanding engineer on the Cosmos SDK team, Blockchain at Berkeley Alum
- Karoly Szabo — Super jolly engineer, now at Facebook!
… and we’re at 22 contributors on GitHub!
As the launch of the Cosmos Network approached and some of our teammates started getting pulled in other exciting directions — we saw an opportunity to keep the momentum around Voyager going. We saw the opportunities staking presented and decided we had to pursue them.
Where we’re going
When people ask why we started Lunie, we give two simple answers:
- We believe in the future of staking.
- We think we can help make it happen.
For us, believing in the future of staking includes supporting all the networks and network participants.
We love Cosmos and the vision of the Interchain — and we’ll be adding support for IBC and many Cosmos chains in the coming months…
The New Lunie
Simple staking, for everyone
Our goal is to make the staking economy more accessible to everyone. We’ll be simplifying our on-boarding, releasing our mobile apps, and sharing more guides and resources.
More than a wallet
Lunie is a staking and governance platform for token-based communities. We’ll be adding support for many new networks in the coming months.
We’re open source! We love stars, forks, and contributions from the community. Visit our Github to see what we’re up to.
We don’t run a validator on any networks. We’re focused on building the best tools around and we don’t have a stake in which validators you end up choosing.
We believe the future is bright for Proof of Stake networks
…so we brightened up our branding 💡
Our mission is clear: simple staking, for everyone.
Token holders, validators, network operators, developers, you name it — we’re working on it! And in the coming months, we’re going to make staking even easier. How?
- We’ll continue to lower the barriers to entry. Our browser extension is available for anyone to use and Lunie is coming to the iOS and Android stores in a couple of weeks.
- We’ll add support for new staking communities. We’re working with several teams to integrate them on to Lunie. Have a network you want us to support? Let us know!
- We’ll share what we know about staking. We’re working on some educational material to try to make all of this staking stuff a bit easier to understand.
We think you’re going to love the new Lunie. Keep an eye out for our new logo, website, and new colors all around.
And as always, let us know what you think!
If you want to work on open-source software and are interested in being at the forefront of the new staking economy, check out our job postings.
We’re hiring for a couple of full-time roles in Toronto or Berlin.
We worked closely with the folks at Renga on this project — they’re amazing and they can help you with your brand and a whole lot more. 😎