How to: Register An Apple Developer Account (2020)
In 2020, I set a new goal for myself — to be an Apple developer.
The last time I developed iOS/Safari software was five years ago when Swift and SwiftUI were not yet available. The reason why I restart my Apple developer journey mainly because of the release of SwiftUI 2 — a developer-friendly and straightforward programming.
Back to our topic, I heard many people complain about the enrollment issue inside the website of Apple Developer Progam. And I guess most of you stuck on the error page before entering the payment page and cannot find any solution.
Error Message:Your enrollment could not be completed.
Your enrollment in the apple developer program could not be completed at this time.
After various tries in last week, I found that it is not a bug or related to your “18+age” or “in/outside the US”.
It is related to the accuracy of your account information.
If there is anything that can be considered as SPAM or typo mistake, the system will give you error 406 (POST). At that time, you can do nothing with your existing account (even contacting the developer support, they just reply: “there is one or more reason that…”)
One of the possible solution — open a new AppleID (account).
Updated 12/8/2020: This method is proven to work fine in Hong Kong, Japan, and many other countries.Please comment below if you can register successfully in your country/region.Hong Kong: This article.
Not mentioned: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/129762#625432022
Filling in any wrong information will cause your developer account freeze.Do not buy any account from the Internet. You will get banned for sure!
- The whole process is using a iPhone (Safari) with cellular data.
- Apple may check your IP to see whether you are a robot or not.
2. Open a new account on http://appleid.apple.com
- Firstname should be link together, let’s say “Tai Man” => “TaiMan”, because Apple not allow “NickName”, or Invalid name.
3. The phone number should be a new one.
- Phone number appears in multiple accounts may consider as spam or purchased appleID.
Tip: You don’t need to type any credit card info inside apple ID.
4. Back to the developer website, enroll again:
4.1. Fillin the personal info (Just copy from your AppleID info)
4.2. The address should be accurate, especially the Zip Code!
- Let’s say: we cannot use “00000” (even your country don’t have a zip code). It must be a 4 or above — digit number and can be recognised internationally.
- Don’t use the same address as before, make some adjustments (ie. spacing, order, lines, etc). Home address appears in multiple accounts may consider as spam or purchased appleID.
5. If all the input is correct, you can see the following screen after clicked ‘accept for the agreement’.
6. You will be redirected to Apple Online Store and continue with payment:
7. Payment Successful! Wait for the confirmation email (Your account will show pending now).
Apple Support said they will approve the account manually and may need some time to confirm.
In my case, I signed up the account at 11 am and got a confirmation email at 5:30 pm (same day — speedy).
👏👏👏 That’s all! Congrats! 🎉
Update: You can check your order status and download the invoice via Apple Online Store.
This article also available on: