How to set up Amazon SES for Mailgems in less than 5 minutes
You can make use of the SMTP services by Amazon, AWS SES, to start sending mails using Mailgems. It is cheap and reliable and with a basic initial setup, you are good to go.
Step 1: Login to your Mailgems account and go to dashboard
Step 2: Click on “Connect a Mail Server” to connect an SMTP service like AWS SES, Sendgrid etc.
Step 3: Choose Amazon SES as the service to link
Step 4: You will now need to add
- An API key name (any name that helps you identify the server better, e.g. Amazon SES Server)
- Access key and Access Secret in order to start sending your mails from Mailgems. Steps for this are shown below:
- In order to get your Access key and Access secret, you will have to go to AWS Management Console. Search for “IAM” on find services search bar.
- Select the “Users” option on the left menu pane. Then select “Add user” option on the main window
- Give a username that helps you identify this user e.g. Mailgems. Select “Access type” as “Programmatic access” and click “Next: Permissions”
- Select “Attach existing policies directly” option and click on “Create policy” button below it. This will take you to a new window to create policy.
- Select the “JSON” tab on the “Create Policy” page and paste the below code snippet in that.
And then click on “Review policy” button on the bottom right
- Give “MailgemsPolicy” as name of the policy and then click on “Create policy” on the bottom right of the screen
- Now come back to the “Add user” page. Click on the refresh button for the list of policies to start reflecting the new policy created. Then search for the “MailgemsPolicy” in the search bar and check the checkbox next to it. Then click “Next: Tags”, “Next: Review” and then “Create user”
- After successful creation of the user, you will have access to “Access key ID” and “Secret access key”. Copy “Access key ID” to “Access key” on Mailgems dashboard and “Secret access key” to “Access Secret”
Step 5: Hit the Save button on your Mailgems dashboard and then you are good to go to start using Amazon SES for your important customer communications.