How to set up Sendgrid for Mailgems in less than 5 minutes
You can make use of the SMTP services by Sendgrid, to start sending mails using Mailgems. It is trusted by many reputed companies and with a basic initial setup, you are good to go.
Step 1: Login to your Mailgems account and go to dashboard
Step 2: Click on “Connect a Mail Server” to connect an SMTP service like AWS SES, Sendgrid etc.
Step 3: Choose Sendgrid as the service to link
Step 4: You will now need to add
- An API key name (any name that helps you identify the server better, e.g. Sendgrid Server)
- API key from Sendgrid. Steps for this are shown below:
- Sign up/Sign in to your Sendgrid account and go to “Settings” -> “API Keys”. Click on “Create API Key” at the top right
- Give an “API Key Name” e.g. “Mailgems” and select “Full Access” in the API Key Permissions
- Your API key will be created, you just need to copy this key and paste it in the Mailgems dashboard window
Step 5: Hit the Save button on your Mailgems dashboard and then you are good to go to start using Amazon SES for your important customer communications.