Why does your company need Mailgems?
The idea behind building Mailgems is to decouple the inter-dependency of product/business teams and the engineering team in the process of communicating with customers.
Often there are scenarios where either of the two mentioned teams would be dependent and blocked on each other. The cases when a SMTP service is down and it cannot be rectified soon because of the huge involvement of code changes.
When we dived deep into the problems we realised that there was no need for the teams to be dependent and thus Mailgems was born with the capabilities that allows the teams to function independently and also manage the system failures with ease.
Some Mailgems features that help it accomplish above mentioned tasks
1. Sandbox testing — How many times have we faced the issue of accidentally sending out a communication to the customers during testing? Well the sandbox testing mode allows the teams to test out the communication pipeline with being in the Mailgems ecosystem itself. All the testing can be done in the sandbox mode of Mailgems and you allow sending the mails to the customer only once you make sure that everything is fine.
2. Template mode — There is no need for the developer to wait for the PM or business team or any other stakeholder to get back with the perfect copy of email to be sent out to the customer. They can just get done with linking their communication system with Mailgems. The respective teams can make the email copies and even make changes at a later stage without any intervention required from the engineering team by using the easy to use Mailgems Template Management system.
3. Smart Switch — How many times startups have fallen prey to their SMTP service being down leading to increased customer escalations and lost communication. Also, how many times there have been cases where a particular SMTP service ends up pushing important mail to your customer into their promotions or spam? Smart switch exactly handles those scenarios. Smart switch automatically switches the email sending server to another linked service if there is any issue with emails being sent out from the primary service. Mailgems is designed to keep your customer communication running at all times.
4. Plug and play — Mailgems just requires a one time connection to the company’s systems, post which anyone can plug and play with any number of SMTP services by simply linking the service through an easy to use Mailgems dashboard without any code change or any deployments by the engineering team.
5. Reports and Analytics — Mailgems comes with rich, in detail reporting and analytics, so that you are on top of your numbers and metrics regarding the communication with your customers.
If I am already using an SMTP service, why do I require Mailgems?
This is a very valid question. Below are a few points that will help you understand the ‘Why’.
1. Backup at the time of crisis: You do not have an option to have a backup server in case anything goes wrong with your SMTP service. You can very well build that into your system but with extra engineering effort and incremental effort every time you add/change a new service
2. Template Management: Having a centralised template management system across all the integrated services help your company decouple processes which are engineering related and which are business related
3. Smart Switch: If there are many bounces or issues with sending, your SMTP service will just alert you, but Mailgems tries to switch to other services in order to figure out if it is a service specific issue or something with the email ids
Mailgems is here to help you stay connected with your customers. Sign up today!