I tweeted the idea of creating a Map Camp, a place where people who use mapping to understand complex environments can meet up to discuss.
We now have :-
- a date : 5th October 2017
- a venue : Newspeak House, 133 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
- a web site : http://www.map-camp.com/
- a twitter account @map_camp
- a base outline (we shall see) :
* 3.5 hour tutorial (a repeat of the talk given to MBA students at Judge Business School, Cambridge)
* lightning talks?
* sessions / BoFs?
- a growing list of volunteers offering to help @mariohct, @swardley, @ChrisPurrington, @sw1ayfe, @Alex4D, @latticecut, @mchillingworth, @ealexhudson, @edsaperia, @Howard_Rees, @richmarr, @cyetain, @meejeet, @simonabrahams
- To volunteer, offer to speak, help out, sponsor etc then there’s a volunteer site.
and I suppose … an official publication. This.
Gosh, things move so quickly.