Maptio explained in six screenshots
Updated for our new release in March 2019.
Want to try Maptio? Register here to get ahead of the queue.
What is Maptio?
Maptio is a simple online tool for organisations that are fast-changing, with lots going on, and lean towards self-management over traditional management hierarchies.
Maptio helps you
- communicate your organisation structure simply and visually;
- onboard new people to your organisation quickly;
- and build greater transparency and accountability over everyone’s roles.
How it works
1. Map your organisation
- Quickly visualise your organisation in a pattern of nested circles.
- Just enter the data and the map is automatically generated.
- Photos show who’s responsible for what at a glance.
2. Keep track of who’s helping and where your other systems live
- Easily link to other tools, systems and documents you might use for each circle. We have integrations with Slack and other tools planned too.
- Keep track of which team members are helping in each circle.
- Optionally specify each team member’s roles or accountabilities.
3. Use tags to set the status of circles or map themes across the org
- Customise your own tags and colour scheme.
- Added tags to circles on the map.
- Filter the map to highlight circles with particular tags.
4. See what individual team members are working on
- List circles an individual is overall responsible for;
- and where they’re not responsible but have other roles.
- Show which other team members are involved in those things.
5. Tree view shows how initiatives flow into each other
- Horizonal rather than vertical layout hints that it’s different to a management hierarchy.
6. Network view shows how individuals are connected
- Visualise who is helping who.
- See who’s at the centre of things and who’s on the edge.
- Arrows and line weights show direction and depth of connections.
Try Maptio for free
Maptio is currently invite only. Get ahead of the queue and register for pre-launch access.
You can subscribe to the Maptio publication here on Medium for articles about self-management done right.