With the Marconi Mainnet, network administrators can easily deploy and secure their networks, and developers can build their own compelling networking solutions and security applications. Marconi’s Mainnet comes with many documented applications that work out of the box, including:
- multi-cloud deployments that enable network administrators to leverage unique features, regions and pricing of different cloud providers
- firewalls for securing traffic on a blockchain network from suspicious activity
- secure gateways to preserve the anonymity of online activity whether that’s crypto transactions and staking or even just basic internet browsing
Get Started With Mainnet
We’ve compiled a few helpful guides for getting started with Marconi:
- Setup Instructions
- Architecture Overview
- Quick Start Guide for Network Admins
- Quick Start Guide for Developers
- Sample Use Cases
- Block Explorer
If you’d like to help operate and secure the network check out the Mining Setup Guide to start mining and earning Marcos.
We recently published the high level roadmap for the Marconi Protocol. Here’s a quick recap of what’s complete and what’s still ahead:
- 2018 December — Testnet launch — Completed
- 2019 January — Blockchain Network Security & Multi-Cloud Support support — Completed
- 2019 March — Mining support — Completed
- 2019 May — Mainnet launch — Completed
- 2019 October — Staking on Marconi subnetworks — In Development & On Schedule
- 2020 — Marconi link an extension to Marconi Pipe designed to work with wireless
- 2021 — Networking metering to capture server availability and bandwidth contributions
Check out the White Paper for more details on each milestone.
Technical Advisory Board
To help further the vision of the Marconi Protocol, we recently announced that preeminent cryptographer and co-inventor of public key encryption, Dr. Whitfield Diffie, has joined our technical advisory board. Diffie is a 2015 Turing Award Winner and previously served as Chief Security Officer at Sun Microsystems. “It is encouraging that Marconi is working to add a new layer of security and privacy to the blockchain and Internet ecosystem in their mission,” said Diffie.
For the latest updates on the project you can always follow us on the following channels:
A lot of effort went into the development of this smart ethernet protocol and we couldn’t have done it without the amazing support of our community and investors. While this is a thrilling milestone for everyone, we believe that what’s ahead is even more exciting. Please stay tuned over the next few months for more news.