Content Creation Challenges, Goals, Statistics, and Strategies
Create more and better content
Find out in this article.
Let’s get into it.
Top Content Creation Challenges
We’ve compiled a list of top content creation challenges we found from talking with our customers, marketers and reading content creation researches.
Are you having the same challenges? If so, stick around till the end of the articles where we share strategies to help you reach your goals.
- Keeping up with content creation demands from managers and colleagues (scaling content creation);
- Keeping up with changes in Social Media Platforms and creating content in new formats;
- Coming up with new and engaging content ideas;
- Telling great stories;
- Taking a stance and creating unique content;
- Finding creative freedom;
- Brand Consistency across all platforms;
- Keeping up with new skillsets that are needed (SEO, Technical, Copywriting, Visual, Video, etc.);
- Choosing the right channels;
- Creating Content that generates quality leads;
- Speeding up approval processes;
- Not seeing results fast enough and quiting.
Other challenges, goals and statistics
Are you looking to get insights into other departments? Check out other researches:
- Digital Marketing challenges, goals and statistics;
- Social Media Marketing challenges, goals and statistics.
Content Creation Goals
Second, let’s take a look at the most common Content Creation Goals and KPIs that are being set up by marketers. Are you overlooking goals that make sense for you? You can always add them to your dashboard.
Check out this free resource if you need help with setting up goals and KPIs.
- Create x number of blog posts per month;
- Create x number of educational content;
- Create x number of new ads;
- Create x number of new nurture emails;
- Create x number of social media posts;
- Grow domain authority by % points;
- Grow Social Media impressions by x %;
- Grow organic traffic by x %;
- Grow social media following by x %;
- Grow number of leads generated by blog posts;
- Grow number of leads generated from Twitter;
- Hit x number of webinar subscribers;
- Grow mailing list by x %.
Content Creation Statistics
Let’s proceed by checking out some Content Creation Statistics so you can see how trends are evolving, how you stack up against others and which next steps you might want to take.
- 33% of marketers who don’t use automation or artificial intelligence (AI) plan to in 2022 (source);
- 46% of businesses reported they want to increase their content creation spending in 2022 (source);
- Video is expected to be the most invested in B2B marketing channel in 2022 (source);
- 45% of marketers plan to invest in social responsibility campaigns (source);
- 36.7% of marketers report that creating engaging visual content consistently is one of their top struggles (source);
- Only 12% of marketers are currently using voice search tactics as part of their strategy (source);
- 76% of content marketers use organic traffic as a key metric to measuring content success. Only 22% use backlinks (source);
- People have twice as many interactions with brands on mobile than anywhere else (source);
- 57% of users report they wouldn’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site (source);
- 63% of content marketers use their content strategy to build loyalty with their existing clients (source);
- 37% of small organizations, 54% of medium-sized organizations, and 75% of large organizations report outsourcing part of their content marketing efforts (source);
- The average blog bounce rate is 82.4% (source);
- The average blog post published in 2021 is 1416 words long. Bloggers who write 3000+ words (36%) report the “strongest results.” (source).
Content Creation Strategies
Now that we’ve had a look at Content Creation challenges, goals, and statistics, let’s see how you can tackle a couple of these challenges and reach your goals faster.
We will go over:
- Content creation tools
- Scaling Content Creation
- How to use AI Marketing Copy Generators
- Growth Storytelling
- Growth Storytelling Framework
Content Creation Tools
Tools are how we have advanced our lives and everything we have around us.
If you want to reach your Content Creation goals, you need to right tools. Not just the right tools, but also understanding how they should work together, what you need before using the tools, and more.
We won’t go over all the content creation tools you could use. It’s up to you to check your goals, do a Google search and find which tools could help you best.
Think about areas that you’re struggling with and do your research you would be surprised by how many solutions exist that you never knew existed.
Scaling Content Creation
Creating more and better content consistently, across multiple platforms is a constant challenge.
To tackle this problem we advise to:
- Do your keyword research;
- Create a list of effective content ideas;
- Use AI Marketing Copy Generators to help with copywriting;
- Use templates to create visuals and a simple tool like Canva to create visual content at scale;
- Repurpose existing content throughout various platforms.
How to use AI Marketing Copy Generators
The time to start with AI Marketing is now.
Scaling content creation is much easier if you have a pocket buddy 24/7 that can help you with coming up with content ideas, takes your keywords and gives you new copy ideas for your articles, social media captions, emails, and more.
End writer’s block and cut content creation time in half.
Check out in the image below how easy it is to get marketing copy inspiration.
Take a holistic view to Content Creation. Become a Growth Storyteller.
Growth Storytelling focuses on telling the stories that we know will connect with our intended audience, because we’ve done our research and — shockingly — we’ve asked them, and actually listened to them.
Growth Storytelling takes audience insights in the form of quantitive and wherever possible, qualitative data, combines them with marketing and business goals, and places that front and center in:
- How we construct and evolve our Brand Story and Brand Identity;
- How we construct and evolve our product, business strategy, and marketing goals;
- How we construct and evolve our marketing strategy and tactics;
- And how we create, review, distribute and measure our individual content pieces.
How the Growth Storytelling Model looks like:
Growth Storytelling Framework
Get our Growth Storytelling Framework and get 10 free step-by-step guides and templates to reach your goals faster.
Be sure to check it out for free and ask us any question in our LinkedIn Group.
Write more. Write better. Grow faster.
Get Started with StoryLab.ai.
Originally published at https://storylab.ai.