QR codes are everywhere — you’ll see them on packaging, receipts, flyers and more.
They’re a great way for marketers to generate more engagement with your audience and earn new leads!
Customers can quickly scan a QR code and get immediate access to additional content and experiences.
We’re going to explore 40 ways you can use a QR code, but first things first …
What is a QR code? How Do QR Codes Work?
A QR code is a machine-readable matrix barcode and it stands for “quick response” code.
You can use the camera app on any phone to scan a QR code.
After being scanned, the QR code will send the user to a new destination, such as a website, coupon page, social media profile, etc.
Some QR codes will send users a PDF, image, or video — or prompt a text message conversation.
You can put QR codes on just about anything — here are 40 ways you can use QR codes.
40 QR Code Uses
- On your business card
- On product packaging
- Posted in store to receive a coupon
- Posted in store to invite to review
- At a live event conference booth
- During a music performance, whether onstage or on flyers
- On museum exhibit descriptions
- On a brochure
- On a video endscreen
- As a piece of jewelry
- On sponsor swag like cocktail napkins
- On a name tag
- On a menu
- On a flier
- On handmade item packaging or tags
- In print ads
- On a direct mailer
- On a book jacket
- On newspaper and magazine articles online
- On a pet’s collar
- On your cell phone case
- A sticker on your laptop
- On artwork as a signature
- On CD and DVD jackets
- On press passes
- On slides in your presentation deck download
- On a mousepad
- As your laptop screensaver
- As the lock screen on your phone
- As a tattoo #nextlevel
- On a T-shirt
- At the bottom of a receipt
- As a form of contest entry
- In your email signature
- As your brand’s profile pic
- On your author about photo/headshot
- On a game entry
- On a baseball hat
- As a hand stamp
- On a house’s “For Sale” sign
Get Started and Create Your Own QR Code
You can easily create a QR code for free with an app like QR Code Generator.
Using QR codes on your marketing materials and product packaging is a surefire way to stand out and earn more engagement.
It’s a unicorn move that will separate you from your donkey competitors.
Brainstorm how you can use QR codes in your marketing mix and make it happen!
Be a Unicorn in a Sea of Donkeys
Get my very best Unicorn marketing & entrepreneurship growth hacks:
About the Author
Originally posted on Inc.com