How to display sender image in GMail for your own domain?
When you open the Gmail app on your smartphone, a portrait image of the sender is displayed. This article is about how you can display this sender image in the Gmail app for your own domain. Perfekt for your branding and your conversion rate.
Why should my email contain a sender image?
The sender image provides higher confidence and thus the opening rate of the email can increase. You can also set this up for your own domain. You need not have a Gmail Business Account. A free Gmail account is sufficient.
Step-by-step instructions for setting up the sender image in the Gmail app
- Create a new free Gmail account. It doesn’t matter which address you finally choose.
2. Click on the top right of the wheel and select settings
3. Select the “Accounts & Import” tab in the settings and add your email address.
Add the email address where you would like your personal picture to appear in the Gmail app.
4. Enter the access data for your domain e-mail address. You receive this from your mail provider of your domain.
As soon as you create the domain email address in Gmail (please confirm the code that google sends to your domain email and also click to confirm the emails that Google sends to your domain email adress!), you can send emails via Gmail with your own domain. But you don’t have to do that to display a Gmail sender image in the Gmail App.
5. Now we set the desired image to Gmail. To do this, click on the Google Account icon at the top right. Usually with the first letter of the name used. Then click on the image icon and insert an image you use as the Gmail sender image in the app.
6. Set your uploaded photo as your profile picture:
7. Now go to the Google myaccount overview and click on “Personal info”.
8. Click on the arrow next to the contact details:
9. Now add the email address of your domain as “Alternative email address”.
10. Google will send you a confirmation email to your domain email address. Confirm this email. It will take a while before the photo is available in all Google products. With me even several days. But then the image will be set retroactively for past emails.
Now the profile picture appears on the Gmail app for the different Google products:
Now your email stands out from others. It shows your branding and can increase your email open rates.
Send me some love if you like that. Cheers. :-)