Salesforce Introduces Salesforce Einstein to Enable Everyone to Configure and Build AI-powered Apps
San Francisco: Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company, today unveiled Salesforce Einstein — bringing the power of artificial intelligence to every Salesforce user, empowering them to be their best. Salesforce Einstein extends the Salesforce Platform with advanced AI capabilities, enabling everyone to quickly make existing apps smarter and build entirely new AI-powered apps — with clicks or code — and allowing any company to deliver smarter, more personalized and predictive customer experiences.
Welcome to the Artificial Intelligence Revolution
The world is on the cusp of an AI revolution that is transforming the way people engage with technology and with one another. Various forms of AI already power some of the world’s most popular consumer experiences. Apple’s Siri leverages natural language processing to recognize voice commands. Facebook’s deep learning facial recognition algorithm can instantly identify a person with nearly 98 percent accuracy. And Amazon, Netflix and Spotify all utilize machine learning to understand how each item in their massive catalogs relates to the other and each customer’s preferences.
However, the technical expertise and infrastructure required to develop AI solutions are beyond the reach of most companies today. They must bring together massive and diverse data sets, which often requires significant engineering resources to manage complex data integration processes and custom code. Specialized predictive models must then be built to extract value from the data and continuously learn from it, requiring extensive data science expertise that most companies simply do not have. Companies must also invest heavily in infrastructure and devops support to maintain these models and keep all of these processes up and running. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, bringing results from the models to users within the context of their business requires complex integrations, preventing businesses from being able to leverage AI and transform customer relationships into competitive advantages.
Introducing Salesforce Einstein — The Smartest CRM, Powered by Artificial Intelligence
With Salesforce Einstein, AI capabilities will be pervasive across every Salesforce Cloud because it is an integral part of Salesforce’s trusted, metadata-driven and multi-tenant platform. It leverages all data within Salesforce — customer data; activity data from Chatter, email, calendar and ecommerce; social data streams such as Tweets and images; and even IoT signals — to train machine learning models. And because Salesforce has millions of users inputting information every day, it is uniquely positioned to deliver the best models for sales, service, marketing and more.
Powered by advanced machine learning, deep learning, predictive analytics, natural language processing and smart data discovery, Einstein’s models will be automatically customized for every single customer, and learn, self-tune and get smarter with every interaction and additional piece of data. And most importantly, Einstein’s intelligence will be embedded within the context of business, automatically discovering relevant insights, predicting future behavior, proactively recommending best next actions and even automating tasks. Now every Salesforce user will be able to leverage AI capabilities in any of our Clouds to connect with their customers in entirely new ways:
Sales Cloud Einstein
- Predictive Lead Scoring will analyze all data related to leads — including standard and custom fields, activity data from sales reps and behavioral activity from prospects — to generate a predictive score for each lead. Powered by machine learning, the models continuously learn from signals like lead source, industry, job title, web clicks and emails to improve the predictive score for every lead, enabling sales reps to focus on closing the best leads.
- Opportunity Insights will analyze CRM data combined with customer interactions such as inbound emails from prospects to identify buying signals earlier in the sales process, sending alerts when a deal is trending up or down, and even recommending next steps to increase the sales rep’s ability to close a deal.
- Automated Activity Capture will analyze every email and calendar appointment to deliver predictions, automatically associating and logging new emails and appointments with the right Salesforce records and eliminating a sales rep’s time spent on manual data entry.
Service Cloud Einstein
- Recommended Case Classification will automatically pre-populate key case fields — such as case reason, case type and the product the case is about — based on history and trends to enable service agents to resolve issues faster.
- Recommended Responses will push a prioritized list of response suggestions to service agents in the service console based on case context, case history and previous communications to improve agent productivity.
- Predictive Close Time will predict the average time needed to resolve an issue, based on similar case resolution times, empowering support teams to route, escalate and prioritize work.
Marketing Cloud Einstein
- Predictive Scoring will score every customer’s likelihood to engage with an email, unsubscribe from an email list, or make a web purchase, enabling marketers to better anticipate the needs of every customer to deliver the perfect 1-to-1 journey.
- Predictive Audiences will build audience segments of people showing multiple predicted behaviors in common so marketers can create the perfect audience segment to drive customers to the next level of engagement or conversion.
- Automated Send-time Optimization will maximize email marketing ROI by automatically observing customer behavior and delivering messages exactly when subscribers are most likely to engage.
Commerce Cloud Einstein
- Product Recommendations leverages customer data to power uniquely personalized recommendations throughout the shopper journey from e-commerce experiences across mobile and desktop to in-store interactions with store associates.
- Predictive Sort will infuse 1-to-1 personalized search and sort results on the website, ensuring that each individual shopper is presented with a set of the most relevant results modeled for them specifically.
- Commerce Insights will transform vast amounts of product, order and customer data into actionable insights that help retailers understand product purchase correlation and power smarter merchandising and store planning.
Community Cloud Einstein
- Recommended Experts, Articles and Topics creates an optimized community experience for each member by suggesting posts, articles, experts and topic pages that are closely related to their interests.
- Automated Service Escalation automatically creates a case in Service Cloud if customer posts do not receive a timely response or if specified words such as ‘broken’ are detected.
- Newsfeed Insights will deliver the most useful information fast by highlighting the most relevant and popular content in every feed.
Analytics Cloud Einstein
- Predictive Wave Apps will uncover future patterns for every business process, pointing out which findings are important for the user to examine, why they are significant and what to do next, all without having to build mathematical models or write algorithms.
- Smart Data Discovery helps users find and explain insights from millions of data combinations in minutes.
- Automated Analytics & Storytelling will automate and prioritize the next insight users need to know with smart charts and widgets, as well as narrating it with natural language support.
IoT Cloud Einstein
- Predictive Device Scoring will score data from connected IoT devices to predict the need to take action on that data.
- Recommend Best Next Action will apply AI to streaming IoT device data in order to recommend the best next action to IoT customers.
- Automated IoT Rules Optimization will actively update the rules that govern how IoT data is managed and optimize when to take action.
New Salesforce Research: Accelerating AI’s Path From Academic Research to Applied Innovation
Also announced today, the Salesforce Research Group brings together a team of researchers and data scientists under the leadership of Richard Socher, Chief Scientist at Salesforce. The Research Group will be focused on delivering cutting-edge, breakthrough AI research across deep learning, natural language processing and computer vision to Salesforce’s product and engineering teams.
Experience the Power of Salesforce Einstein at Dreamforce
Dreamforce attendees will have the opportunity to dive deeper into Salesforce Einstein by attending the Einstein Keynote on Thursday, Oct. 6, from 3–4pm PT in Moscone West, or tuning into the livestream. Salesforce’s Einstein leadership team, along with some of Salesforce’s most innovative customers, will showcase how companies can get smarter and more predictive about their customers. Moscone West will also feature the Einstein Discovery Center on the 2nd floor, where attendees can to get hands-on with Salesforce Einstein through product demos.