Masa x Cred Protocol: Soulbound Web3 Credit Score Testnet Launch
Today we are thrilled to launch the world’s first Soulbound (“SBT”) Web3 Credit Score to the Masa Soulbound Identity testnet! You can now claim your .soul name NFT and use your most active Ethereum wallet to generate your Masa Soulbound Web3 Credit Score here.
Watch the quick-start video below to generate your web3 credit score:
An ecosystem of SBTs could unlock a censorship-resistant, bottom-up alternative to top-down commercial and “social” credit systems.
— Decentralized Society: Finding Web3’s Soul, E. Glen Weyl, Puja Ohlhaver, Vitalik Buterin
Masa is building SBT primitives that unlock the true potential of a Decentralized Society. ICYMI: Masa’s Soulbound Identity launched on our testnet two weeks ago and has seen tremendous traction and growth, amassing over 15,000 SBT Identity mints as of August 28, 2022.
We believe one of the most transformative use cases for Masa Soulbound Identity is solving for access to credit. Masa was born to disrupt traditional, centralized credit infrastructure by providing individuals, businesses, and developers with the tools to access credit on-chain. 1.5 billion people worldwide have credit scores, and 3.3 billion people are “credit invisible,”: meaning they are creditworthy, but their credit history is not associated with them in the traditional banking systems. For the first time, an on-chain identity can give the 3.3 billion credit-invisible people access to a global liquidity pool.
That is why we partnered with Cred Protocol to launch web3 credit score as one of Masa Soulbound Identity’s first use cases. Cred Protocol shares our vision of bringing DeFi lending to billions of people. They are quantifying on-chain lending risk at scale using open, fair, and transparent blockchain data, enabling lenders to become more capital-efficient and empowering regular people and underserved communities to access under-collateralized loans.
Upon our mainnet launch in late September, users can use their Masa Soulbound Identity to access under-collateralized loans from Masa lending partners. Stay tuned!
How to Get Started
- Go to our testnet and add Celo’s Alfrajores testnet as a network to your Metamask wallet (watch instruction video here);
- Make sure you are using your primary web3 account on Ethereum — even though we are using another network, we will still score you using your Ethereum account address;
- Claim your testnet Soulname NFT by signing your wallet;
- Mint a Web3 Credit Score SBT and generate a score for your connected account;
- Voila! That’s it.
Again, watch the quick-start video below to generate your web3 credit score:
- Your Ethereum account must have some transactions and balances to get the most accurate web3 credit score. You will get a more precise score based on some of the following variables: 1) Have a positive balance; 2) Have multiple transactions; 3) Have used one or more collateralized DeFi lending products; 4) Have used one or more DeFi platforms; 5) Have account activity over many months and years.
- We do not support credit scoring multiple wallets; we will launch this feature in the future on mainnet.
- If you have an empty account with no transactions or balances, you will get the lowest score of 350.
- As a reminder, by participating in Masa’s Soulbound Identity testnet, you will be eligible to claim one whitelist spot for the mainnet .soul name NFT launch at the end of September, where you will be able to pay for and mint one unique .soul name. It is important to remember that your testnet .soul name does not transfer to the mainnet, and you will have to re-claim it on the mainnet.
How Can You Support?
User Testing: Over the next 4 weeks, we will build fast and test new features weekly with community members on the testnet. We are looking for user feedback from the community and are awarding mainnet whitelist places for testers to claim one soul name through early access once the testing phase is complete. Join Masa Discord, and help us improve by reporting bugs or feedback.
Developers: If you are a developer who wants early access to our SBT developer framework, please email us at email@example.com to request early access. If you are passionate about blockchain and access to credit, please check out our careers page here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org — we would love to hear from you!
Partners: If you are a DeFi lender interested in using Masa’s Soulbound Web3 Credit Score for underwriting, please email us at email@example.com.
The Masa Team 🌽