Here are the most significant changes in January:
- We have made material-ui-pickers the recommended solution for the Date & Time picker components. 📅
- We have started translating the documentation in 7 different languages. 🌎🌍🌏 Your help is welcomed!
- We have introduced our first TypeScript demos.
- We have curated a list of 40 new projects using Material-UI in the showcase. 🔍
But this summary is just scratching the surface. We have accepted 165 commits from 71 different contributors. We have changed 1,523 files with 71,388 additions and 8,624 deletions.
Here is our roadmap intent for February:
- Material-UI v4 💃! We will start working on the next major version of the library. You can follow our progress in the next branch. We are planning the following breaking changes: #13663. We want to make the v3 -> v4 upgrade as easy as possible. We don’t plan any massive breaking changes. It’s mostly about modernizing the library.
- React v16.8.0. We will increase the minimum supported version of React to start using the hook API internally 🥳.
Already 10% of our users are consuming the hook version of the demos.
- React.StrictMode, we will fix all the strict mode errors Material-UI might cause.
- Page layout. We don’t address the top level layout problem very well. We will work on a better solution. Right now, people have to learn & write too much CSS. It’s inefficient.
- We will enable the SEO for the different documentation languages.
Material-UI is an MIT-licensed open source project. It’s an independent project with ongoing development made possible thanks to the support of these awesome backers. If you’d like to join them, please consider:
- Become a backer or sponsor on my Patreon.
- Become a backer or sponsor on OpenCollective.