Mean Launch delayed 7 days
- Due to network and market conditions, the Mean IDO will be delayed by a week.
- Mean Launch is a 3-way simultaneous launch on Solanium Launchpad, the MeanFi.com IDO portal, and Central Exchanges.
- Everything around the IDO was scheduled to start on Dec. 15th at 15:00 UTC and will move exactly 7 days forward to Dec. 22nd at 15:00 UTC.
In the week preceding the Mean IDO, we’ve seen a couple of things happen:
- The crypto markets have taken a fall and have not yet recovered
- The Solana network has experienced some growing pains, and the Solana team and validator network are working to restore full throughput capacity.
After discussing with partners such as Solanium, Jupiter, and Solrise, as well as with the Solana Labs team, we concluded that the best course of action to ensure a smooth launch for our community is to delay the IDO and everything that was to follow by 7 days. Everything else remains the same. See the original announcement here.
Here’s an updated calendar with all the events and their new dates:
Although this decision may be disappointing for some, it addresses a few major things that will alleviate most of the Mean Army’s sorrows. They are:
- Give a little extra time for the markets to recover, and therefore give people more options to participate in the IDO.
- Give a little extra time for the Solana team and the Solana validator network to apply the necessary patches and fixes to bring the network back to its normal working capacity.
- Avoid putting additional stress on the Solana network and the different AMMs (Raydium, Orca, etc.) where we plan to deploy liquidity.
Stability and security are at the top of our priority list, and it is with this mindset that we have made this decision: to protect the community, the MEAN token, and the Solana network as a whole. As good team players, sometimes you need to make small sacrifices for the greater good.
One more week = a lot more MEAN madness and awesome AMAs to learn stuff from! And we’ll actually be making some really cool product announcements in those 7 days… so sit tight!