Editor Templates & Improvements!
Editing on Medal just got even better! We’ve been working hard reading your feedback and making changes to the editor to make it even easier to use and help you bring your clips to life. We’re excited to announce the return of our new and improved templates. We also made some awesome changes to the editor that seriously enhance the way you view and trim your clips. Sounds good? Yeah, we think so too! Here’s everything you need to know…
Templates are back — and better than ever
Wanna apply the latest video trends and memes to your clips but don’t have the time to find the music, the sound bites, the gifs , and the vfx to edit them from scratch? Fear not! Templates are here (again)!
Easily memeify your clips with our growing collection of templates complete with sound effects, gifs, and vfx. We compiled everything you need in so all you have to is pick the one you want and add it to your clip. Simple.
Found an awesome meme you think would make a perfect template?! Tell us on Twitter so we can work our magic and make it happen!
Video previews while editing
Edit with unmatched precision — without missing a beat! We added video previews to your clips so you know exactly where to trim your clips to perfectly sync your killer collection of headshots to the music.
Trimming is snappier than ever!
Gone are the days of having to guess where you need to trim to get that perfectly cut scream timed just right. Instead, just drag the trim bar to your playhead (aka your current location in the clip) and it’ll snap exactly where you want it — no more guesswork.
Unsure about a trim? Cancel it! Once perfected you can apply it to automatically readjust your timeline zoom!
Bug Fixes & Improvements
But wait, there’s more! In addition to all of the awesomeness we mentioned above, we put in loads of work adding fixes and demolishing bugs. It’s a looooong list so buckle up 👀
- Having issues with limited resources? We’ve found a way to stabilize your clip FPS.
- Clicking a full-screen video won’t cause the editor to open — it’s up to you when you want to open it.
- Clips wont fail anymore due to a lack of disc space, instead, we’ll save them to a backup drive. Smart right?
- Remember how deleting drafts used to delete the actual clip? Yeah, that won’t happen any more…sorry about that.
- Introducing better looking thumbnails. The devs did their magic so they generate more gorgeous than ever.
- We won’t make you stare at a black screen any longer while hovering over clips in “Choose Clips” in the editor.
- We lowered the volume while hovering over templates in the editor so you don’t have to be scared of wearing your headphones while editing anymore.
- We added a back button to the editor overlay menu, so you aren’t imprisoned by the menu any longer
- Fixed issue causing Intel GPU encoder to appear unsupported…because it is supported.
- Razer Synapse won’t cause random disconnects while clipping
- Fixed the issue that was causing DirectX device synchronization errors
- Fixed a bug so you can take longer clips without living in fear of corrupted files
- Fixed bug causing Advanced Window Capture to show out-of-focus overlay for tabbed out full screen games
- Fixed bug on certain follower notifications — iykyk
- Fixed bug so that clicking on “Free Up Space” won’t cause random crashes anymore
- Fixed bug so you can escape Full Screen mode in the editor instead of being trapped forever
- Fixed bug where some users couldn’t scroll in the editor music list
- Fixed bug for new users, where the editor tutorial video would play at the same time as your clip — because no body needs to hear two videos playing at once — ever
- Updated the editor color palette — ooh pretty
- Updated the library so it always shows your selected grid/list view
If you’re interested in testing out features before official releases make sure you head over to Medal Early Access: https://medal.tv/earlyaccess