Restart your app or if you don’t have Medal yet, head to medal.tv and the latest version to get all these updates!
For all of you, creating montages currently takes a long time. Most editors are built for professional video editing, with lots of features that are not native to gaming.
You have to store all your clips somewhere, which takes up a bunch of disk space. If you didn’t store them locally you have to hope the video didn’t lose it’s quality. And you have to download all of them before you start editing, resulting in a messy flow that isn’t necessary.
6 Months ago, we looked at what it would take to re-imagine how montages were created. We thought it would be great if you could:
- Directly access your clips in the cloud, and be able to edit clips in the cloud alongside local clips.
- Always keep the original quality of the clips
- Integrate with your Medal stats, so you can quickly see which clips the community liked the most — saving you a bunch of time skimming through content.
- Tag the friends you played with
- Search through all your clips (local and in the cloud) instantly without having to open and close tons of clips on your filesystem to figure out whether that’s the one you’re looking for.
We’ve been hard at work making this a reality, and are now happy to launch it to everyone! This is an ongoing project, and you can expect continuous updates in the future. Head over to our feedback page to leave feedback!
PS: Remember, with free-form uploads, you can upload videos that you make outside of Medal as well, and include them in your montages. So if you wish to give a clip a special touch, you can do so and re-import it easily.
Some of the feature highlights:
Built-in video previews — with layer support and ordering
Pick the best clips by views, and tag your friends
All your montages and clips live in the same place
- Create new montages by multi-selecting clips — but feel free to add more as you go along! The montage isn’t limited to the clips you initially select, like most editors.
- You can now zoom in on your edits for precise trimming to create the perfect montage. Cut to the game winning goal or clutch ace snipe right when the bass drops!
- We’re still working on making music previews slightly better looking, so you can see where that bass drops ;)
Music, Gif and Text Improvements
- We made a bunch of changes to our editor involving text, gifs and music to ensure that creative edits and montaging are quick and easy. We’ve made some improvements to the way that text formats and scales across the platform and eased that way that dragging and resizing gifs works.
- Adding flashy text to your clips is easier and more intuitive than ever. Add text to your clip, drag the text box to the desired size and watch the text resize with it. Your text formatting also follows you throughout the duration of your clip or montage now, so you don’t have to format for every text box you create.
Clip Editor Length
- You can now reduce min clip length in editor to 0.5 seconds to give your montages micro cuts and create flashy montages with tons of fast paced action!
Increased Clip Length
- 5 and 10 minute clips recording is now supported. You’ll still have to trim it down a little to upload to Medal, but ensure you never miss a moment of your game!
Here’s the montage I made this weekend :)
All my highlights from my road to GC | 51 Views 👀 | Medal.tv | #1 Free Clip Platform
Medal is the #1 platform to record gaming clips and videos. Start a game, press a button, get a link.Clips are stored…
Enjoy! We are so looking forward to seeing what you do with this.