Set Zoom, Fast Forward, and Slow Motion Speeds in the Medal Editor, Template Search Feature, and More!
Knock knock. Who’s there? Medal with another awesome update. In this update, we improved the way our VFX work in the video editor, giving you more control than ever! Update now to enjoy the ability to set zoom transition, fast forward, and slow motion speeds — and our new Templates search bar. Oh, and as a bonus, we added an on/off toggle for our Full Session Recording bookmark sound.
Here’s what you need to know…
Search for the Perfect Template
Have a Template in mind but don’t feel like scrolling through our ever-growing list to find it? Use the new search bar! All you need to do is type in “Emotional Damage” to effortlessly add it to your clip.
Zoom Fast or Slow…or Somewhere In-between
Take control over your zoom in and outs by setting your zoom transition speed! Speed up your zoom to make your kill shot syncs more epic, or slow them down to emphasize the absurdity of your teammate’s “logic” in discord as they try and explain how they didn’t actually kill steal…but they did.
Fast Forward…Faster Forward…& Fastest Forward
Now you can choose just how fast you want your fast forward effects to be. Choose in .5 intervals ranging all the way from 1.5x — 4x speed! Use these new fast forward effects to highlight chases, and improve your kill syncs and memes.
How Slooooow Can You Go?
As much as you want! Slow down your gameplay a little or a lot with our new slow motion controls. Choose any speed between 10%-90% to ensure you have the perfect cinematic feel for your epic goal in Rocket League or your tragic death in Valorant.
Toggle Medal Bookmark Sound On and Off
Making play after play and you don’t want to hear back-to-back bookmark sounds in your Full Session Recording? Or maybe you’re trying to keep your head in the game and don’t want any distractions — even from our iconic bookmark sound. Regardless of your reason, we added a way to toggle the clip sound off in the Medal settings.
- Improvements to timeline thumbnails and sound waves when using a VFX.
- Say goodbye to microscopic video previews and hello to regular-sized ones.
- Repositioning meme-templates no longer make sound waves go nuts.
- Any process running when you click “exit editor” will immediately end...because that’s what exit (should) mean.
- We’re doing better cleaning up after ourselves by removing temp files after we’re done using them.
- Templates no longer take a billion years to download.
- Template previews in the editor only play on hover — so there’s no more random audio making you feel like you’re computer has been possessed.
- We said bye-bye to our (very) outdated “Live Dangerously” setting.
- Set a default aspect ratio, in case you don’t have one selected already.
- Fixed an issue where re-downloading the recorder while a game was running could result in a corrupted install.
- Your CPU won’t freak out and spike when uploading multiple clips quickly.
If you’re interested in testing out features before official releases make sure you head over to Medal Early Access.