MedCurbside is a new and experimental question/answer site for medical professionals and by medical professionals. So, we are looking to our physician peers to help us make it a great online resource and community for healthcare providers. To that end, we need posts and feedback from physicians. So for a limited time we’ll be paying for questions and answers from docs like you!
Our target reimbursement for docs is $120/hour: A high quality post (question or answer) takes roughly 15 minutes, so we’ll pay $30 per post.
3 steps to get started!
- Create an account
-Go to medcurbside.com
-Click Register in the top right… just takes 2 clicks!
2. Fill out this 5 minute survey/application
3. Start posting questions and/or answers!
4. Optional: Share us! Follow us on instagram, like this blog post, tell other docs about us, etc. The more docs that participate, the more opportunity for posts you’ll have, and the stronger our community will be!
Detailed guidelines on how to participate
- Explore the site, about us, how the site works, etc to get an idea of what we’re trying to accomplish.
- A “post” is a question OR answer. You can even answer your own question for right now (that would be 2 posts). Each post is paid at $30 after review (see below).
- Questions can be any clinical topic for other physicians to answer (doc to doc, not for patients). Questions are NOT basic knowledge topics that can be easily looked up; they must show basic research, and warrant “curbside” like input and may even reference citations.
- Answers should be backed with examples, explanation, and citations when appropriate. Personal experience is fine, but it is best to balance with evidence and reason. Stating info without explanation is not sufficient.
- You are a medical physician and will post content that is of high quality as noted above.
- You will anonymize posts. Do not post any personally identifiable patient information.
- We will occasionally contact you for feedback and to understand your experience. We’ll always try to be brief. Responses are required for continued participation and payment.
- Upon review of a post, if it is sufficiently below the quality standards noted above, we may contact you to update your post in order to get paid
- All posts include your real name (along with all other users on the site). That helps with transparency and content quality on the site. We may contact you initially to verify your credentials.
- Sample content is on the site that you can use as a guide. We think experience from your normal clinical practice and 15 minutes of writing will often be enough to come up with posts.
- Since these are paid posts, we retain the right to keep them posted even if you leave the trial.
- We don’t have a set payout schedule yet but will target about every 2 weeks.
- We want you to be a partner in helping us build a fantastic and supportive community for healthcare providers. Please feel free to make suggestions and stay in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!