Mini-blog#3: Re-Drawing the Exterior
This blog is about re-draw picture with AI. AI is a software which could design vector graphic. And vector is characterized by enlarged image without distortion.
So, let’s figure how can we re-draw the picture? Firstly, I took a photo in front of the UW Stratford campus. The picture is took by day time and the sky is nothing except excessive bright. Therefore, I would like to re-draw this photo with AI.
Here I got the picture with some adjustment. And I finished my design in these following steps.
- Use pen tool to select and fill the sky and change from daytime to night time.
- Design a vector moon.
- Design some flowing snow and shining stars.
- Use pen tool to select the windows and the whole wall and change their colors.
- Use pen tool to re-draw street lamp and copy third times. After that, I design some smoke under the lamp and make the viewers feel the terrible winter weather.
- Design the shadow of the tree and copy couples of times.
- Re-draw my car and copy couples of times to cover the rest of cars.
- Design some snow cover.
In conclusion, I think the key tool in AI is pen tool. It’s like illustrator’s hand. Even through I am a AI starter, I feel lots of fun with that. I will keep practicing in the future.