Why is Blockchain implementation in healthcare so important?
Medicohealth is a blockchain-based project designed to improve a fragmented healthcare system, offering the patients a prompt, affordable, and reliable consultation from a physician or a specialist of their choosing.
The opportunities of integrating blockchain into the healthcare system:
- Medical records: The medical record will be ensured — when the medical record will be generated and written to the blockchain, it will not be able to change.
- Data security: Medicohealth Platform infrastructure is developed to protect privacy on every step in a decentralized way.
- Consent management: With blockchain patients will be able to own their medical data and share them with their consent. Blockchain can be used to record patient consent and whenever any party is seeking to exchange medical data about a patient could check the blockchain for permission to do so.
- Secure payments: Smart contract will define the relationship between a patient and a physician. Payments will be fully tokenized and anonymous and will be performed on the blockchain. Token runs the system and compensates the service provider, platform, underlying protocol, and blockchain layer use. Refunds will be automatically processed on the blockchain.
- Medical Research: With the fragmented system, it is difficult to access different data for researches. With blockchain technology, all data will be in one place. With your consent, you will be able to be a part of seeking solutions and faster medical innovation. We will be able to discover solutions to health problems quicker.
- Physician identification and License validity checks will be accessible on the MedicoHealth platform.
Open digital health platform
MedicoHealth’s vision is to develop an open digital health platform. It is going to upgrade the existing digital health solutions and standards and create an ecosystem for the evolution of the current and new digital health solutions. This platform and ecosystem will adopt the new distributed ledger technologies and smart contracts providing a new generation of decentralized solutions, bringing patients and carers closer to each other, while preserving their privacy and confidentiality requirements.
Medicohealth Platform will allow entirely anonymous, safe, and efficient communication with the world’s leading physicians. Physician credentials, together with license validity information, will be updated in an immutable decentralized database. Patient data will be anonymously stored and accessed only by selected physicians for a limited time, whereas patient will maintain full control over which a physician can access his medical data, and to what extent.
Payments will be fully tokenized and anonymous and will be performed on the blockchain. Token runs the system and compensates the service provider, platform, underlying protocol, and blockchain layer use.