Translate #YouStink Social Media with Meedan
Seeking volunteer translators to join our efforts — please get in touch!
Are you an Arabic-English translator passionate about the role of social media in the #YouStink protests? Want to use your skills to translate Tweets and Facebook posts from the ground and from online participants?
Meedan has recently rolled out Bridge, a platform for social translation of social media, and we are seeking beta testers to apply their translation skills to real time news events around the world. You don’t have to be a professional translator, but we are looking for people who’ve had some experience with translation, especially in the realm of social media.
You can check out the full gamut of translations here:
Bridge’s You Stink project page.
Here are some of the translations we’ve done so far:
Want to join the volunteer translator team? Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info to apply to become a beta tester for #YouStink and Bridge.
- Your name
- Organizational affiliation(s)
- Links to social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Do you have an iOS device? (We’re working on Android soon, but right now, Bridge translators have to have an iOS device.)
Help us get to know you better:
- A short description of your translation background. A resume or clips of previous translation work help!
- Your interests in Bridge and social media translation. A few sentences would be great.
- Send us a few links to a Tweets or Facebook posts that you wish you could translate to English. This helps us get to know your interests a bit more.
- How did you hear about Meedan and Bridge?