Leveraging MCP3D with DeFi + Partnership with MakerDAO
Practical implementation of Decentralized Finance tools for the MegaCryptoPolis 3D Microeconomics
It’s been a wild ride so far with DeFi locking almost $10 Billions in value on Ethereum blockchain in just a couple of months forcing the gas price to hit 500 Gwei 😝
Along with that, DeFi is not actually a new kid on the block— been around for a couple of years already. We’re absolutely convinced that all the craze arised recently is an inevitable milestone on the way to adoption.
Almost obvious, rates may fall and hype will end, but the whole DeFi construction is here to stay. Isn’t that the beginning of something spectacular when applied to blockchain gaming?
Where DeFi Meets Blockchain Gaming
MegaCryptoPolis had initially launched in May 2018 to become one of the most popular blockchain games with ~$42 Millions of estimated market cap to date.
The game logic is totally decentralized with all the actions being transactions on smart contracts and all the game assets being NFTs (non-fungible tokens) in ERC-721 format: Districts, Land Plots, Citizens, Pets, Cars, etc.
Game assets are owned by players and can be traded freely on internal marketplace or external NFT exchanges (like OpenSea).
Resources is the core of gameplay. Wood, Sand, Bricks, etc. are produced in buildings and are required for buildings to be constructed and operated.
All Resources aside Energy are made from other Resources. Energy can be found only on special land plots. Steel and Concrete are the most complex materials those require almost all other Resources.
Every time a Resource is being used in the game it’s actually burned — that means the overall supply of the Resource is reduced.
At the moment Resources are stored on in-game balances and could be packed to ERC-721 Packs to enable trading on the market. That said, if you offer a Pack of 100 Wood there is no way to purchase 78 Wood or 101 Wood from you. That does not reflect the pure nature of a countable asset.
First time ever, ERC-20 will be introduced in the decentralized city to make Resources liquid.
MegaCryptoPolis 3D decentralized city builder dApp game running on Ethereum and TRON blockchains launching $MEGA Token to enable arbitrage and transfers between networks:
- $MEGA (ERC-20) for the Ethereum Network
- $MEGA (TRC-20) for the TRON Network
Total supply will be pre-minted and initially stored in the Vault. Players will be able to deposit their Resources in the Vault to receive $MEGA Token. Resources locked in the Vault could be released by any other player using $MEGA Token.
$MEGA Token will become available for trading on decentralized exchanges and liquidity pools (like UniSwap V2) already next week.
$MEGA Token is coming October 2020.
- Not a token offering, TGE or distribution.
- Tangible product with 2 years history — the top dApp game since 2018.
- ~$400’000 locked in game smart contracts.
- No token reserved for team members.
- Pre-minted total supply — no new $MEGA Tokens will be created. Ever.
What is $MEGA Token?
$MEGA is not an utility or a governance token. It’s designed as an index for all in-game Resources combined on a single chain.
That affects the whole production line in the MCP3D economy — from constructing a building to operations and Citizens Stamina restoration.
The only way to release $MEGA from the Vault is by depositing Resources to the Vault — the less $MEGA left in the Vault the more Resources will be required.
Three major rules are:
- The less $MEGA Tokens left in the Vault, the more Resources will be required to receive the same amount of $MEGA from the Vault.
- The more Resources of that type is deposited to the Vault the less $MEGA will be received in exchange.
- The more Resources of that type is deposited to the Vault the less $MEGA is required to receive the same amount of Resources from the Vault.
No Oracles or external data will be used to determine rates for Resources, totally regulated by available supply of $MEGA and Resources in the Vault.
Initial rates will be set as determined by 6–9 months average market prices (could be checked in the “MCP Times” Newspaper).
The core idea behind $MEGA Token is to enable free and independent market for cross-chain transfers with no manual control from developers. As prices for the same Resources may vary significantly on different chains:
That will also allow for a number of arbitrage strategies, given the fact that:
- Resources will still be available in packed in NFTs on the internal marketplace and OpenSea
- $MEGA will be freely converted from/to Resources
- Resources could be swapped directly (Wood to Bricks or Steel to Energy) via the Vault through $MEGA Token
- $MEGA will become available on the DEXs and, eventually on CEX as well
- $MEGA could also appear on lending platforms (like Compound, Aave, Balancer etc.) one day
We assume there could be several liquidity pools for $MEGA on UniSwap and JustSwap against different currencies and tokens (ETH, DAI, TRX, USDT) that also will add serious arbitrage opportunities.
How to get $MEGA Token?
Three major ways to acquire $MEGA:
- Deposit Resources to the Vault for a corresponding amount of $MEGA (depending on a chain);
- Swap for ETH, DAI, USDT or any other cryptocurrency in liquidity pool (like UniSwap for Ethereum or JustSwap for TRON);
- Purchase from other players on exchanges.
How to use $MEGA Token?
- Convert $MEGA to any Resource one may need in the game.
- Add MB with any cryptocurrency in a liquidity pool (UniSwap, JustSwap) to earn interest from swaps.
- Trade on exchanges.
- One may consider HODLING it or using as a storage of value.
With recently announced zero fees and almost instant transactions on Ethereum network and free to play mode — that’s how we plan to encourage mass adoption in crypto.
However, even that’s not all for now!
MegaCryptoPolis Partners with MakerDAO
In order to celebrate the MCP3D introduction to DeFi space, we announce a partnership with the leading decentralized finance digital currency provider — MakerDAO, the DAI stablecoin protocol.
DAI is planned to be used in the upcoming MCP World free-to-play concept as the stabilization of game assets valuation between the ETH/TRX gaming maps and the mass market.
Along with that, starting from September 24, MCP3D will enable using DAI to acquire Packs with limited Generation A Citizens, valuable game items and Resources in the official game Store with an exclusive 30% discount.
DAI Stablecoin will also be used on the Matic Network scalability solution that was announced recently utilizing the MakerDAO <> Matic bridge.
Join The Conversation!
Going DeFi is not a decision we could make solo. Please join #mcp-defi in Discord to discuss the upcoming upgrades.
Ideas? Recommendations? Please suggest in the Google Docs.
DISCLAIMER — IMPORTANT INFORMATION — PLEASE READ!
THE “BANK” AND THE “VAULT” OBJECTS DESCRIBED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE VISUAL OBJECTS FOR THE GAME. THE “BANK” NOT A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, A BANK OR A LEGAL ENTITY. THE “VAULT” IS A FICTIONAL NAME TO DESCRIBE THE GAME MECHANICS.
“$MEGA” IS A FICTIONAL NAME FOR THE IN-GAME CURRENCY. $MEGA TOKEN IS NOT AN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY, INVESTMENT, CURRENCY, SECURITY, COMMODITY, A SWAP ON A CURRENCY, SECURITY OR COMMODITY OR ANY OTHER KIND OF FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT. MB TOKEN DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS, USES, ATTRIBUTES, FUNCTIONALITIES OR FEATURES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
$MEGA TOKEN MAY HAVE NO PURPOSE OR VALUE. SERVICE MAY BE UNAVAILABLE IN CERTAIN COUNTRIES OR TERRITORIES.