Announcement: Metadium Hard Fork on November 18
Dear Metadium community,
Our team would like to announce the upcoming hard fork and what it means to everybody in the Metadium sphere.
The hard fork is expected to happen at 00:00 UTC / 09:00 KST on November 18, 2020 at block 11441000. But please note that due to the nature of blocks generation, this time is just an approximation.
The upcoming Metadium’s hard fork is a stepping stone to the future of our blockchain. We are following Ethereum’s Istanbul hard fork (ETH 2.0) because we want to upgrade and fix bugs but also to ensure we have future access to the developments and upgrades of the Ethereum blockchain.
The hard fork was unanimously decided by the consortium that forms the Metadium Blockchain. Please note that if you execute an action before the block 1144100, there will be no interruption caused by the hard fork.
New Features: 6 EIP upgrades
- 152: blake2b hash function
- 1108: alt_bn128 re re-pricing
- 1344: chain ID to prevent replay attacks
- 1844: reprices certain opcode due to the rapid growth of states
- 2028: reduce the gas cost of calling on-chain data (68 to 16 gas per byte)
- 2200: net gas metering changes for SSTORE opcode
- Option#1: Check out the latest codes from master branch & build your own gmet binary
- Option#2: Linux builds are available at the official release link. Please make sure that github commit hash is the following: 5b383cfca560f491b8726976977fb35bd3dd7af5
If you have any questions, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you for all your support and we are looking forward to Metadium’s next stage with a bigger impact in the industry.
Thank you for your support and trust in Metadium.