The Metadium Testnet v0.1 is officially launching today!
Dear Metadium Community,
We are proud to announce the launch of Metadium’s testnet v0.1, Kalmia to the public on schedule.
Metadium is the next-generation identity protocol powered by blockchain technology. We aim to build an identity blockchain ecosystem through a system service called the “Meta ID”. The role of the Meta ID is to provide a service that supports user authentication and personal information verification.
As an Identity blockchain, Metadium is a system in which all CRUD operations (create, read, update, delete) of Meta IDs are controlled by their owners. All actions carried out using the Meta IDs are stored in the form of transactions in the blockchain. However, the blockchain does not store personal information in order to prevent privacy violations.
Our vision is to identify the subjects and build the context network for the digital economy. To achieve our vision, we need to create a reliable and sustainable blockchain that could support a global scale identity infrastructure.
‘Kalmia’ is a high-performance general purpose blockchain with 3,000 TPS.
Kalmia opens the opportunities to the public for performance test of Metadium blockchain. We encourage you to try our high performance general purpose blockchain and help contribute to the development.
The details of Metadium testnet are as follows:
- Our platform’s general stability and scalability — we want to use our testnet as an opportunity to collect data on how our protocol will perform with real-world participants and transaction activity at a controllable scale.
- For developers with functioning dApps could run their dApps on our protocol — we want your honest feedback on the performance of our blockchain to patch any errors and to gain insight to any prominent issues we must address before our mainnet launch.
- Metadium client, gmet, is the command line interface for running a full Metadium node implemented in Go being forked from Ethereum, geth, source code
- Metadium consensus mechanism: Proof of Authority (PoA) with Raft leader selection algorithm up and running.
- Deployed on real network environment, running on multiple authority nodes deployed worldwide
- A blockchain explorer to display addresses, transactions, and blocks
- A faucet that provides testnet meta coin to users
By installing and running gmet, you can take part in the Metadium Kalmia test network and
- transfer coins and tokens between addresses and contracts
- create EVM based smart contracts and interact with them
- explore block history and much more
TPS: Throughput Testing Outcome
Our private experiments of 3 authority nodes in local settings with each single machine equipped with HPE DL380 Gen9 E5–2640v4 10-Core 2.40 GHz and 16GB 1Rx4 PC4–2400T-R Kit x 8. Key-Value Store smart contract shows sustained writing throughput over 3,000 transactions per second.
Proof of Authority (PoA) with RAFT
Metadium has adopted the PoA agreement algorithm based on the Raftleader selection algorithm. It can provide a stable service to users participating in the network and a performance of several thousand tps or more. Block producers for producing blocks in Metadium have already been agreed upon. They will take block commissions in exchange of processing transactions generated by the users and providing services to them.
Metadium is considering to implement a concept of a Validator Group to alleviate the somewhat centralized configuration of a PoA model. The Validator Group will monitor the actions of the Block Producer, and report any abnormal behavior to manage and check the reputation of the Block Producer.
In Metadium, nodes can utilize voting for adding a new node to participate and for removing a particular node with abnormal behavior.
In the current stage, authority is strictly managed in the private domain. Governance will be open to friendly partners at 2019 Q1 and to general public at 2019 Q2. Participant can install gmet in their own machine and be allowed to do any operation except mining.
Upcoming releases and plans for testnet and MetaID service
- Several major updated releases
- More extensive testing and general infrastructure developments
- Virtual Machine optimization (e.g., web assembly)
- Decentralized governance contract management
- Test contract/ MetaID supporting DApps
- More documentation guidelines for developers
Kalmia is not an identity blockchain at this moment, i.e. the system service, Meta ID, will be deployed in the near future. Meta ID beta service will be open to the public at the end of 2018 Q4.
You can now test and run the testnet.
A Developer’s Guide to Kalmia is available HERE. Developers can participate by downloading and compiling the Metadium code; connecting to the boot node; and, syncing. We believe it is essential that we test the Metadium blockchain under practical conditions.
Limited amounts of Test META tokens will be distributed to participants via faucet. With our utility tokens, you will be able to create smart contracts, run transactions on our platform and more! Please note that joining governing accounts or mining nodes is restricted during our testnet launch, and accounts during the testnet period may have a nonce limit to keep incoming traffic under control.
Thank you all for your continued interest in our project and in helping us bring our passions to life! Assess the full potential of Metadium blockchain by testing all features and contribute to the development of the Metadium blockchain!
Jeffrey Song , Chief Technology Officer of Metadium
We are always open to any feedbacks. If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to send us to email@example.com