Metaverse DNA — Voting for a Supernode

Metaverse DNA
Mar 13 · 3 min read

All blockchains have one thing in common: transactions need to be validated. Bitcoin achieves this via a process called Proof-of-Work or ‘mining’, which is notorious for its immense energy consumption. But there are other forms of validation processes, often referred to as consensus mechanisms. Proof-of-Stake (PoS) is one such consensus mechanism that can come in different variations and hybrid models. In PoS models, you gain the ability to validate transactions and generate passive income by staking digital assets. This is quite similar to how someone would receive interest for holding money in a savings account, or giving it to the bank to invest.

DNA by Metaverse is designed to facilitate a next-generation decentralized finance ecosystem. It delivers a range of features to empower users and enterprise, including near-instant transaction speeds and high performance, digital identity, decentralized oracles, a standard for interoperability and robust security. DNA uses a hybrid Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPOS) consensus mechanism, and as a result, all participants in the DNA ecosystem are rewarded for their role in the protocol. Regular users of the DNA blockchain, who use the protocol to make transactions, can still take part in blockchain governance and be rewarded for their participation by voting for a Supernode.

As an integral component in DNA’s governance model, Supernodes are elected by DNA holders to validate blocks, receive block rewards and distribute a portion of these block rewards back to their voters. A fixed 10% of DNA’s block rewards are shared evenly among all 23 Supernodes, while the remaining 90% of block rewards are dynamic, and are split between the 23 Supernodes and the top 20 candidate nodes based on their vote share. Supernode candidates choose the ratio of dynamic rewards they will distribute to their voters, ranging from 20% to 80% of their received dynamic block reward.

As a result, any DNA user can generate passive token income simply by voting for a Supernode, locking the desired amount of DNA and receiving proportional rewards.

How do I generate a passive token income of 25% annually by voting for the RightBTC Supernode?

Voting for the RightBTC Supernode is very straightforward. Please follow the instructions below.

In your MyETPWallet, find DNA and click on “VOTE”

Vote for your chosen representative

A full list of DNA Supernode candidates and more details on Supernode elections can be found at dnavote.com.

***

Metaverse Dualchain Network Architecture (DNA) is a next-generation decentralized finance ecosystem, empowering users and enterprises with an array of features like near-instant transactions, on-chain identity, decentralized oracles and robust security.

To learn more about Metaverse DNA, visit mvsdna.com or follow DNA on Twitter at @MVSDNA.

For information on events in Vietnam follow the official Metaverse DNA Facebook page.

Metaverse

Metaverse DNA

Written by

Built on three core blockchain pillars: Security, Scalability, and Interoperability. The Dualchain Network Architecture DNA by @metaverse-blockchain

Metaverse

Metaverse

Metaverse is an open-source public blockchain creating a decentralized ecosystem of digitized assets and identities. Through Blockchain as a Service (BaaS), Metaverse provides enterprises and individuals access to customized, convenient, and secure blockchain services.

More From Medium

More from Metaverse

More on Blockchain from Metaverse

More on Blockchain from Metaverse

Introducing Tutorials by Metaverse

Metaverse DNA
Mar 6 · 3 min read

6

More on Blockchain from Metaverse

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch
Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore
Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade