Meteor Mastermind #5 — Project | APIs | Sorting Data | GraphQL | Meteor 1.3
- Discussing our first collaboration project
- we use Mindmeister to brainstorm our ideas
- we discuss the features and will start with a Github soon
2. How to let Meteor communicate with external services or 3rd party Apps
- What are Best Practises?
- differences between SOAP, API, RESTful, web services, microservices, etc.
- Connect with external API : REST API is a good choice if it is feature rich and allows to do what is needed. REST Client is easier to test and integrate. Meteor Atmospheres https://atmospherejs.com/simple/rest
- Exposing endpoints is a different thing . DDP Endpoints and connect Android, IOS and so on is a good best practise there.
- If you build a Meteor APP which should use own APIs use DDP
- If you build a Meteor APP which should use 3rd party APIs use Restful
3. Sorting data and integrating it into a helper
- Use MongoDB Query combined with a Session Variable
I will test this out and post it here when I did it this week
4. Meteor 1.3 and that it introduces Imports
I think watching this video is the best to understand a lot of stuff what is coming with Meteor 1.3
5. GraphQL and Simple Schema
- Simple Schema is very well developed
- What is GraphQL and should I use it now? GraphQL let us combine different databases into one APP checkout more on http://graphql.org/
- Here are the packages we talked about:
Watch our Video and get a lot of input from this week! :)