Since the start of my micrograph project I have tried too crystallise allot of OTC (over the counter) medicine. Some worked after a few minutes, and others needed weeks too form any crystals. And some… well… I have not got them to work yet. So the list of OTC medicine got smaller since there are only five of them, plus the fact that making them visible (crystallise) with my primitive lab gear eliminated a bunch of them due not having the right tools.
Then one day I visited my sister and she asked me “what all those amazing photographs that I’m seeing on your Instagram account?” And once I explained her more about this micrograph project she was even more interested in the subject. So before I left she said something “weird” to me.
“Don’t forget to try the birth control pill”
And a few seconds later I went home with a box of Ethinylestradiol / levonorgestrel 0.03/0.15 pills. Not to use myself off course ☺
A new challenge
The next day I prepared my setup and made some primitive slides to see what would happen. And I was lucky after a few hours one of the slides showed some results! So I looked up the dilution of the slide and made with that same “recipe” some new slides. Now the only thing I could do was wait, and after 13 hours the whole drop was crystallised. I was amazed again by the creation.
The next step would now be too make allot of other medicine visual, and therefor reveal all there inner beauty, structures, colors & patterns within every micrograph.