How to pass the Microsoft Identity & Access Administration Exam Certification - SC-300
This was definetely one of the most challenging exams I took in recent times. Second only to AZ-500 really.
The exam focuses on 4 modules:
1. Implement an identity management solution
2. Implement an Authentication and Access Management Solution
3. Implement Access Management for Apps
4. Plan and Implement and Identity Governance Strategy
A lot of content!
But it’s possible to pass it by leveraging great, and free resources. Here are the ones I recommend:
- Official SC-300 training from Microsoft Learn: Browse all — Learn | Microsoft Docs
- Free Lab instructions: SC-300-Identity-and-Access-Administrator (microsoftlearning.github.io)
- John Savill study cram for that final stretch! SC-300 Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Study Cram — YouTube
- Had some insights from this podcast episode too: Microsoft Security Insights: 093: SC-300 Exam Guide with Dwayne Natwick
You can pass with them alone, guarantee, but pay attention to these topics, I needed to take my time with them:
- PIM management, understand Active vs Eligible access and implementation nuances.
- Understand Conditional Access, really well — special attention to the Microsoft learn content on this, as it includes great info.
- Application protection policies — do you know how does Cloud App security work with AAD?
- Hybrid identity and AD connect implementation!!
- Roles and Access management.
Well, that’s it for now, HTH! Celebrate when you pass!
Follow me on linkedin.
Thank you for reading and leave your thoughts/comments!
Scattered throughout the document.